The Impostors Reviews

• Jun 22, 2020

A little too wacky and dramatically over the top for me . None less not bad 2.7

A little too wacky and dramatically over the top for me . None less not bad 2.7

• May 26, 2019

Great ensemble cast with a simple, fun plot and subtle (and not to subtle) comedy.

• Feb 27, 2017

I really love this movie. the chemistry between the characters is just superb.

I really love this movie. the chemistry between the characters is just superb.

• Oct 24, 2016

Great cast, bad idea.

Great cast, bad idea.

• Jun 01, 2016

Tons of great character actors chewing scenery and taking full advantage of the strange half stage-play, half movie atmosphere.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jan 12, 2016

Campbell Scott is hilarious in the supporting role and ends up stealing every scene he is in.

• Dec 24, 2015

Very cute with a great cast.

Very cute with a great cast.

• Dec 02, 2015

You are a wild beast and I must tame you. Two struggling best friends cannot find the opportunity to launch their career in acting and determine that they need to get real jobs. In an attempt to extort money/food from a bakery, they obtain tickets to a show. The show leads to them being on a cruise liner trying to obtain affection of a young ladies on the boat. "You would not know a good cream puff if it jumped up and licked you in the ass." Stanley Tucci, director of Big Night, Joe Gould's Secret, Blind Date, and the upcoming Final Portrait, delivers The Impostors in his second major motion picture. The storyline for this picture was fun and had a Woody Allen dry comedy feel to it. The acting and comedic content was above average and the cast includes Stanley Tucci, Aliver Platt, Woody Allen, Alfred Molina, William Hill, Michael Emerson, and Matt Malloy. "The male figure is something to be proud of." I came across this while looking at Woody Allen pictures on Netflix and had to add it to my wish list. This was entertaining, well paced, and had some funny sequences, but wasn't perfect or as good as similar films in the genre. Overall, this is above average and only worth watching if nothing better is on. "Don't flatter me, baby. I don't know what to do with it." Grade: C+/B-

• Oct 15, 2015

First of all this film was filmed in Silvercup Studios - 4222 22nd Street, Long Island City, Queens,New York. Admittedly, this is not an Oscar contender. Nor is it intended to be. But it is a night of silliness, an enjoyable movie full of enough plot twists and goofiness to entertain even the stoic movie buff. It is also somewhat of a 'Hey, there's...' movie, lots of faces you'll recognize but maybe not place right away. Looking for the cameos is half the fun! Not all of them are credited, so keep your eyes open! Stanley Tucci and Oliver Platt are wonderful. And the fact that each of the characters is a sort of caricature of what they are meant to be just makes it that much funnier. I laugh every time I watch it! Sit back, make some popcorn, and just enjoy the entertainment. This is not one you're going to have to think hard about. :)

• Oct 04, 2014

Uneven comedy. Quite funny at times. The plot parallels A Night at the Opera substantially - that's okay, it rarely comes across as derivative. Very good acting and fascinating characters make the show well worth seeing.