Wishful Thinking Reviews

• May 29, 2013

Wishful Thinking is a disappointing film. It is about a story told from three angles. Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Beals give terrible performances. The script is badly written and confusing. Adam Park did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Nov 05, 2010

I would probably give it two stars if it wasn't for Drew Barrymore & John Stewart. Off-beat. Without the suspense of learning what had happened over the film's 3 perspectives, the story itself wasn't very riveting. Not great, but not terrible. (11-5-10)

• Nov 05, 2010

• Nov 03, 2010

Ordinary love triangle story with an attempt to spice it up by using different perspectives. It still isn't presented that well.

• Oct 26, 2010

A very, very, very boring love triangle.

A very, very, very boring love triangle.

• May 05, 2010

jennifer and drew are great in this, unfortunately the lead male character is just not attractive enough. perhaps this makes his character susceptable to what is to come, but it also makes the movie drag as if you really dont care what happens to him. he comes across as a lost puppy through the whole film... if he had more personality and was more physically attractive, he would have a chance of carrying this film into a success. the other actors did great and their characters were more defined and interesting. i found myself drawn into the film as other perspectives were explored, in fact the people you expect to like become less likable, and the people you expect not to like become more likable, in this way the depth of the movie develops a bit more of a real dynamic. in the end, i liked it.

• Apr 11, 2010

I wanted to like this one. Got it off Netflix to check it out, but it's just terrible. The movie is a mess, being all over the place. Very typical love triangle, but boring to watch. At no point do you care about any of the characters.

• Oct 01, 2009

I watched Wishful Thinking predominantly for Drew Barrymore's wardrobe, a young Jon Stewart and the film's inherant '90s-ness'. The main problem with the film was that certain character traits were not explained and developed which was partly due to the film taking the format of three different perspectives in a 90 minute time-frame. The final scenes that played as the end credits began also seemed like a rushed attempt at resloving some of the questions left by the film and consequently Wishful Thinking probably would have benefited more from its omission; allowing the audience to draw their own conclusions about the character's fates. Nonetheless, as someone who is not generally a fan of the romantic comedy genre, I ended up being presently suprised by Wishful Thinking's simple premise and the performances by the engaging cast.

• Jul 03, 2009