Othello - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Othello Reviews

August 27, 2008
nominated for best foreign film at the golden globes
½ July 25, 2008
Although it's a filmed stage production, it still makes for a fantastic movie. All of the actors perform their roles brilliantly here, especially Olivier and Finlay.
½ April 21, 2008
Thank you, Laurence Olivier for turning Othello into an adult baby and for taking focus away from the true star, Iago.
March 28, 2008
Bloody Brilliant! Eveything is stuning, the directing, the acting, the photography and of course the storyline!
½ March 24, 2008
Could have been a lot better.
½ January 3, 2008
The greatest performance by any actor of any decade. Laurence Olivier as the mighty warriored Moor truly inspires the viewing eye.
November 13, 2007
I did not recognise laurence Olivier immediately and when he embraced the then Maggie Smith, I noticed the black paint rubbing off her cheek. Nonetheless the performances and the sets seem to me to represent the definition of style.
October 24, 2007
Olivier manages an even worse Shakespeare interpretation than in his other films. Larry, the play is about *Iago* - they only gave it that name to confuse high school students.
October 28, 2005
Brilliant stuff, highly entertaining, with Olivier's Othello distracting from all else. Finlay's Iago is also excellent. A brilliant film.