Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Reviews

½ June 21, 2014
Looking back on their long careers, this is probably the best work that Murphy or Lawrence has ever done. Sneaky good.
June 4, 2014
very well made movie with deeper plots and more hournarble actors.
June 3, 2014
A pleasant surprise to see Murphy in a more serious role. The plot is interesting and definitely not the conventional predictable American blockbuster. Should be rated much higher than it is.
May 18, 2014
After years of rewatching this film, I'm saddened to come across so many negative ratings here on RottenTomatoes. This is a great film. And, in my opinion, Eddie Murphy's best role. He's performed greatly in some of his films (Trading Places and Beverly Hills Cop come to mind) but in this film he's as raw as ever and is able to shine in his dealing with a segregationist America and a whirlwind adventure. See this film and look for the underlying genius in the story and its actors.
May 7, 2014
I feel like I'm watching this movie for the first time every time I see it...
½ April 21, 2014
Unrealistic because our "victims" do not suffer much, yet it is entertaining and even hilarious at times.
April 14, 2014
A lot of people that I know, follow, listen too, etc, put this movie as their favorite movie, and I can see why. Great cast, great feeling, and it feels old in a good way.

This is certainly not for everyone though....
February 24, 2014
One of the best movies ever !!
January 19, 2014
Very great true story
December 22, 2013
Had its funny moments. But overall this movie was more of a drama. Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence work well together. Liked seeing Bokeem Woodbine in this- he is such a fine actor (both looks and talent)
December 7, 2013
I saw this movie wen I was quite young and I didn't know what it was called but I never forgot the end when they go to there first ball game,
November 24, 2013
oh my gosh this movie caught my attention right great actors Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence
½ November 4, 2013
Life est une excellente comedie dramatique qui beneficie de l'interpretation parfaite d'Eddie Murphy et Martin Lawrence, plus nuances que d'habitude, et un supporting cast au diapason. Non content d'etre franchement tres drole, Life est aussi particulierement touchant quand le ton s'assombrit peu a peu. Ted Demme se permet meme quelques sequences tres originales et reussies, comme le Boom Boom Room en pleine prison.
November 4, 2013
LOVED IT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE VERY FUNNY
½ October 25, 2013
stopped in middle of movie. not funny and about black people in jail in 1930s
August 6, 2013
Flawed, but occasionally funny.
July 14, 2013
hilarious! one of the best comedies ever
July 1, 2013
Good movie. Very funny, with great performances from Murphy, Lawrence, and the supporting cast.
June 9, 2013
It's not mindless buddy stuff and it's not the Shawshank Redemption, but it's in-between--This movie actually worked... well!!
½ June 2, 2013
Nice story
Best scene: still arguing at the baseball game