Lost and Found - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost and Found Reviews

½ November 25, 2014
Just okay. Didn't love or hate it. Will say they are an unconvincing couple, though. David Spade is actually just playing his "finch" character (or may as well be). Works in the TV show, not so much in a rom com.
August 12, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 7/22/2008)
½ July 8, 2014
I liked this movie! People are way too cynical. It was light hearted and funny and entertaining!
May 13, 2014
One of the last movies where we can see Spade playing a normal guy and actually believe it. This films is cute and quirky, but also has a nice combination of comedy that makes it very funny and entertaining to watch. As a big fan of Spade, I loved this movie. The overall story is the same as any romantic comedy, so I didn't rate it higher, but truthfully I don't care about that. If you love Spade as much as I do, you have to see this movie!
August 6, 2013
Shouldn't a comedy at least ATTEMPT to throw in a couple of decent laughs? Or just one? Half of one? From the writing to the direction to the acting, the only word that comes to mind here is "lazy."
½ February 21, 2013
David spade plays as a guy who is about to open his italian restaurant and he gets this beautiful French girl as his new neighbor. Thinking he is not in her league he comes up with this insane idea that he will kidnap her dog for awhile and later give it back to her like he found it and be the hero and she will fall in love with him. Well things don't go quite that way and things start to get messed up. David spade was really funny I thought in this movie.granted its no tommy boy or black sheep but spade can hold up on his own and be funny by himself and he proved it here. It's no masterpiece but it sure is quite funny.
January 31, 2013
David Spade is actually a very funny guy, but you would not know from this movie.
November 21, 2012
one of Spade's finest film.
½ October 31, 2012
Spade's not a bad actor, though this movie convinces you otherwise.
October 22, 2012
They got the WRONG movie here. This isn't the lost and Found I was referring to. Mine's CHINESE. SO anyone looking at MY favorite movies, please disreguard this one. EWWWWWW!
September 26, 2012
Show me your boobs!
Ok.
July 27, 2011
A fun, goofy and hilarious rom-com with David Spade. Lost and Found isn't over the top hilarious, but at least it's not over the top. With Spade's fun personality, this movie is very enjoyable.

David Spade stars as Dylan, a restaurant owner who is doing pretty well for himself, except for relationships. Then he falls for his new, French neighbor, Lila. Lila has a dog named Jack who seems to always bark and run away. If it weren't for Lila's dog running away and Dylan finding him again he would never have the courage to see Lila. So Dylan kidnaps Jack in an attempt to woo Lila as they spend time together "looking" for her dog. It's always fun when a movie is about a pet, like a dog. Dylan and Jack make a funny duo because of Spade's comedic performance, and Sophie Marceau is very likeable in this movie. And you get to see other likeable actors like Estelle Harris, Martin Sheen, and Jon Lovitz. Lost and Found isn't a stroke of writing genius, but it isn't entirely a slapstick comedy that we're used to seeing David Spade in. This movie is pretty tame, he plays a mature character, and this movie has its romantic moments as well.

A well directed comedy. Like I said, what I like about it is that it doesn't try to be over the top most of the time. Although there are some instantces that are pretty funny. But the directing for the dog is hilarious, and how the movie sneakily switches the dog to a puppet when a scene of cruel and hilarious animal abuse happens. And the Neil Diamond song part of the movie is a funny and well directed touch. Scenes look good, locations look good, but it's kinda weird because the hotel the characters are in is the same one from There's Something About Mary. But overall this movie has some nice pace to its scenes that makes it enjoyable.

Not a great rom-com, but an enjoyable one because of good performances. Lost and Found is a simple love story that you pet owners would love to watch, or if you just need a little pick-me-up of a film.
June 29, 2011
David Spade is one of the most under-recognized comedic geniuses of all time! I love him!
½ June 16, 2011
when you have a hangover this is perfect no story lame and it fit;)you dont have to see the hole movie at one time;)
May 27, 2011
A few good gags and entertaining, don't change how the film is, cliche and silly.
½ January 16, 2011
Not a great movie, but cute story and Spade does a very good, funny, and memorable impression of Neil Diamond
½ October 12, 2010
Did exactly as it said on the tin! Sophie Marceau & David Spade were a bit of strange pairing to say the least though! (mmmmm Sophie...Summer dress, French accent and baseball cap..mmmm!)
October 10, 2010
Spade always makes me laugh. And seing Jon Lovitz just made me laugh even more. Cute story.
July 4, 2010
To steal the dog for girls attraction and get friends ring eaten by the dog. Maybe it could be funny but not for me. Idea is not original, situations are so pushed to get someone laugh that it's not even funny. I didn't get why Sophie have done this movie but I can say it's the worst work of her. I even can't finish to watch it.
February 12, 2010
Spade lip syncing Neil Diamond and the little dance he does... kills me.