The Mummy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Reviews

½ March 19, 2018
Fun time while watching this, not perfect, but got to see brendan fraser yell at a 90's CGI
March 7, 2018
The ULTIMATE GUILTY pleasure film.
February 27, 2018

"The Mummy" de Stephen Sommers funciona como un rápida, vertiginosa y trepidamente aventura en el desierto, aunque si bien el guion no es lo suficiente elaborado, el buen hacer de sus actores y los adecuados efectos visuales hacen a esta película tan aterradora como divertida de ver cuando requiere la situación.
½ February 19, 2018
re-review though it is more of an action flick that borrows from hellraiser than a horror story, the mummy still is an entertaining flick and keeps the legacy of the mummy imhotep going. the only gripe i have is the overuse of dated cgi, but it's still a very fun movie and even has some entertaining references to the original like the character ardeth bay.
½ January 27, 2018
Brendan Fraser is charismatically badass and the action and set pieces are all solid, however, like many late 90s films, it uses poor digital effects to an unprecedented scale. Although, I hate to be a spoilsport as The Mummy does what it needs to and is what it needs to be.

January 12, 2018
What I thought might be a dated adventure (I've seen this before) turned out to be an enjoyable flick all over again. There are some special effects that havent stood the test of time (the sand storm face mostly) but some still get under your skin, like those bugs... Brendan Fraser is fun as the adventurer who agrees to help an archaelogist (well.. LIBRARIAN find a lost Egyptian city and the treasures trapped in with it. When she finds a book of the dead, why yes, she DOES read from it and awakens a 3000 year old Mummy! Fun from the get-go for sure.
REWATCH NOTES: Saw this again! It really never gets old. Enjoyed it equally! Why can't Brendan Fraser do stuff like this anymore?
January 6, 2018
My Wife and I never miss it on TV! One of our favourites.
½ January 5, 2018
Great special effects, plenty of action and very funny to!
December 27, 2017
This movie isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun and silly. Even though Brendan Fraser is the biggest name in this movie, still that does however overshadow the fact that this movie was meant for a younger audience, despite being PG-13.
December 5, 2017
Brendan smashed it a hell of a performance. John had me in stitches from the moment he hit the screen the guy is a comical genius.
November 19, 2017
The Coolest monster movie I've ever seen :) Imhotep! Imhotep! Imhotep!
½ November 6, 2017
Despite its numerous flaws, cliched storyline, and effects that were made in the 90s that appear dull, The Mummy is a movie that is still enjoyable as a guilty pleasure. Also, if young critics are looking for a start, this could be a good movie to look into.
October 31, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time!!
October 29, 2017
The Mummy is a very and cheesy movie that doesn't pretend to be something that its not.
October 12, 2017
This film is full of pretty poorly executed dialogue and passing, but there is some great atmosphere I this film and still pretty good character development from our main characters too. Also, the CGI at the time was pretty good. ?
October 6, 2017
Fun to watch and really enjoyable.
September 23, 2017
Classic monster adventure, classic Fraser....
September 18, 2017
Love this film.
It's purely entertainment.
Don't expect a lot, just enjoy the show!
½ September 17, 2017
Classic... laughs, romance, the undead... they don't make them like this anymore.
September 12, 2017
Fun, and albeit, cheesy and campy. Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz carry this film, and along with great sets and locations create an adventure only a couple rungs below Indiana Jones.