The Mummy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Reviews

October 13, 2016
With great action and extremely likable characters, The Mummy may not be a perfect movie, but there is never a dull moment in this incredibly fun popcorn flick.
October 9, 2016
For all intents and purposes this movie should be bad, but it is actually very enjoyable.
½ October 1, 2016
A nice gross creature feature. This movie is the perfect amount of wow, and ewww. You'll surely fall in love with this movie.
September 18, 2016
Harmless fun that is action-packed but never truly scary. It has a lot of callbacks to old monster movies while adding modern touches.
September 12, 2016
Fast paced and full of adventure.
½ September 1, 2016
The Mummy movies are my guilty pleasure. I think the rotten tomatoes critics consensus is perfect. This movie's script is pretty garbage and there's nothing too special about the visuals/technical parts either, but its just a really damn fun movie. It really is the definition of an "adventure film"

August 25, 2016
My favorite movie ever The Mummy (1999) is awesome must have adventure with some jump scares and exciting visual effects and great characters! Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Kevin J O'Connor, Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo make this movie unforgettable!
August 7, 2016
I remember being terrified when I first watched this when I was just a kid. As I've grown up, there are still a couple of things, mainly the scarabs, that make me cringe. The use of Egypt mythology was a strong point of this film as it includes Egyptian gods, curses and even some of the 10 plagues of Egypt. I admired the performances of both Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz, especially how their relationship develops over the course of the story. The supporting roles from John Hannah, Kevin J.O Connor and Oded Fehr were also highlights as their performances very easily stood out, just like the main characters. However, for me, Arnold Vosloo's role as the cursed Imhotep was the spotlight of the film as his performance alone created a strong sense of horror and power. Even though there were a couple of good laughs, I felt that this film could've been better without attempting to be funny. Overall, The Mummy is one of my personal favorite Universal films to come out within the last 14 years and I feel tops off anything that the later sequels can give to the audience.
August 5, 2016
So fun. Entertaining and funny with plenty of action.
½ August 4, 2016
The Mummy is a fun, entertaining film that successfully combines action, a bit of humor, and a great CGI effects.
½ July 30, 2016
I had so much fun watching The Mummy movies when I was younger and I still do to this day.
July 22, 2016
It's hard to believe this movie made $413 million worldwide but it did. It's really not that great when you reexamine it years later. Brendan Fraser is too much of a cornball.
July 12, 2016
This was a fun horror/adventure comedy!
June 20, 2016
The Mummy is indeed entertaining, great visuals, it had a good script, great performance; especially by Brandon Fraser, and Rachel Weisz. Though the film was greatly fun, but it lacks any kind of meaningful cinematic. Still a Great film!
½ June 14, 2016
The effect is dramatic and modern despite the ugly graphics. Plus Brendan Fraser brings to life a new Lara Croft or Indiana Jones with his Rick O'Connel.
June 6, 2016
Good film lots of fun full of some good entertaining scenes, Some good effects for its time with some good humour thrown in.
June 6, 2016
Film is old and amazing. didn't really age well but still is amazing to me. second one is amzing too
½ June 4, 2016
It's aged better than one might expect and that's probably because it was one of the last goofy blockbusters to keep a light hearted and fun tone from start to finish. It's also important to remember what a gifted comedic actor Fraser was and maybe still could be.
June 3, 2016