The Mummy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Reviews

½ April 17, 2018
Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the MOVIE!

It was one of the first films I saw in Germany. I have seen this movie about 3 times as a kid but loved it every time.

Now that I'm an adult and have a clue, I see what a pretty Lama movie is not that bad or anything. It's just a big budget movie the special effects are better in an animated movie comma many 90s troops are present in there but unfortunately not the most intelligent, the forces as well as the laws of nature in this movie are so inconsistent and the casting is not really fitting point so none of that Actors are bad, they make an effort and so on, but I do not know what's missing there.

Since the film is sometimes really cheesy a cheesy actor like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Lundgren might be better suited or a dirty actor like Bruce Campbell, Kurt Russell, or Gerard Butler.
I would honestly leave the rest like that because then it would be balanced or overtake the cast and change only a few characters otherwise I like how ironic the movie is because there are a few things that are obviously only in there because they should look cool and in the movie That's at least addressed anyway, I have a problem with humor.
The beginning of the movie is like chewing gum the jokes are absolutely not funny the character of Evelyn's brother is absolutely superfluous and so not entertaining that he just annoyed and the middle of the movie is a bit repetitive.

Making a good movie is difficult to make a remake, so taking a movie with a great concept and just packing it into another genre is a very smart idea and I would say they did that partially, you can not do it cheap Variant of Indiana Jones designate it looks more like a movie version of "Relic Hunters".
However, I have always wondered why Tab always had such a stupid curse that made him transfer money, but what do I know? I've always wondered why the Arabs can not be our main characters because they're pretty entertaining, but what do I know?

All in all found. I thought the movie is alright not good not bad but quite enjoyable there are some things I liked it there are a few things I do not understand but I have not taken the urge to answer these questions.
April 14, 2018
They should have used THIS trilogy er and the one with peru they cancelled to make a dark cinematic universe, And while they were at it.. Tossed every film reel of black panther the trash-movie into a STUMP-grinder.
March 27, 2018
Maybe you're not gonna get an amazingly written story but you'll get a crazy escape from an undead mummy who has a lot of spooks to roll out for the protagonists.
March 26, 2018
When this came out, I watched this 5 times at the theater, re-watching it now, it didn't have the same spark but still a fun watch.
½ March 25, 2018
Overall, the film is a great film and is great for everyone! It doesn't matter is the person is 8, 18 or 80, and it doesn't matter if you know everything about Mummy's or not, its great for everyone. I rate the film a 8.75/10.
½ March 19, 2018
Fun time while watching this, not perfect, but got to see brendan fraser yell at a 90's CGI
March 7, 2018
The ULTIMATE GUILTY pleasure film.
February 27, 2018
59/100

"The Mummy" de Stephen Sommers funciona como un rápida, vertiginosa y trepidamente aventura en el desierto, aunque si bien el guion no es lo suficiente elaborado, el buen hacer de sus actores y los adecuados efectos visuales hacen a esta película tan aterradora como divertida de ver cuando requiere la situación.
½ February 19, 2018
re-review though it is more of an action flick that borrows from hellraiser than a horror story, the mummy still is an entertaining flick and keeps the legacy of the mummy imhotep going. the only gripe i have is the overuse of dated cgi, but it's still a very fun movie and even has some entertaining references to the original like the character ardeth bay.
½ January 27, 2018
Brendan Fraser is charismatically badass and the action and set pieces are all solid, however, like many late 90s films, it uses poor digital effects to an unprecedented scale. Although, I hate to be a spoilsport as The Mummy does what it needs to and is what it needs to be.

B
January 12, 2018
What I thought might be a dated adventure (I've seen this before) turned out to be an enjoyable flick all over again. There are some special effects that havent stood the test of time (the sand storm face mostly) but some still get under your skin, like those bugs... Brendan Fraser is fun as the adventurer who agrees to help an archaelogist (well.. LIBRARIAN find a lost Egyptian city and the treasures trapped in with it. When she finds a book of the dead, why yes, she DOES read from it and awakens a 3000 year old Mummy! Fun from the get-go for sure.
REWATCH NOTES: Saw this again! It really never gets old. Enjoyed it equally! Why can't Brendan Fraser do stuff like this anymore?
January 6, 2018
My Wife and I never miss it on TV! One of our favourites.
½ January 5, 2018
Great special effects, plenty of action and very funny to!
December 27, 2017
This movie isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just meant to be fun and silly. Even though Brendan Fraser is the biggest name in this movie, still that does however overshadow the fact that this movie was meant for a younger audience, despite being PG-13.
December 5, 2017
Brendan smashed it a hell of a performance. John had me in stitches from the moment he hit the screen the guy is a comical genius.
November 19, 2017
The Coolest monster movie I've ever seen :) Imhotep! Imhotep! Imhotep!
½ November 6, 2017
Despite its numerous flaws, cliched storyline, and effects that were made in the 90s that appear dull, The Mummy is a movie that is still enjoyable as a guilty pleasure. Also, if young critics are looking for a start, this could be a good movie to look into.
October 31, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time!!
October 29, 2017
The Mummy is a very and cheesy movie that doesn't pretend to be something that its not.
October 12, 2017
This film is full of pretty poorly executed dialogue and passing, but there is some great atmosphere I this film and still pretty good character development from our main characters too. Also, the CGI at the time was pretty good. ?