The Mummy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Reviews

September 18, 2017
Love this film.
It's purely entertainment.
Don't expect a lot, just enjoy the show!
½ September 17, 2017
Classic... laughs, romance, the undead... they don't make them like this anymore.
September 12, 2017
Fun, and albeit, cheesy and campy. Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz carry this film, and along with great sets and locations create an adventure only a couple rungs below Indiana Jones.
½ September 8, 2017
It's not the best at, well, anything, but The Mummy is a well-rounded and entertaining film. The acting, action, and humor are all great, and the film as a whole is a lot of fun.
½ September 7, 2017
Pretty entertaining. Brendan Frazier is one of the worst actors I've ever seen but this is not too bad despite his sucking
½ September 7, 2017
A bright, colorful, humorous, whizzbang adventure. The Mummy brings the fun back into the undead.
½ August 24, 2017
Very enjoyable, compared to the 2017 Version
August 11, 2017
This is a fun, adventurous movie that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time! I love it!
August 3, 2017
Kinda left me wondering why I didn't just watch Indiana Jones, but overall, not TOO shabby
½ August 1, 2017
A funny remake that will be forever remembered, especially for the sarcastic tone of the main characters.
July 29, 2017
An entertaining guilty pleasure. It has its flaws, but that doesn't mean it's unenjoyable.
½ July 26, 2017
Entertaining movie that can get cheesy at certain points.
July 24, 2017
A real romp of an adventure/horror genre with a wonderful aesthetic that works perfectly and he period setting is pure genius at creating an immersive world. Performances are terrific with Weisz and Fraser having a blast and a great dynamic. The CGI does look a little outdated and of course brings the overall film down but the humour and the overall tone is balanced brilliantly.
July 19, 2017
Ok universal studios monster mummy movie starring Brendan Fraser. First of all, why is this movie considered a classic, I do not think so and I already forgot about this movie entirely. I was pretty bored through this entire movie until the mummy came in, the mummy isn't shocking, nothing special about this movie.
jamrcla
July 16, 2017
Good film, Lots of fun and full of some good entertaining scenes, Some good effects for its time with some ok ish humour thrown in, Predictable story and ending but it's still entertaining.
½ July 16, 2017
Loved Brendan Fraser.
July 16, 2017
This is definitely more grand and light headed than the current Mummy film. It's enjoyable, even though it is a little too cheesy at times to be taken entirely too seriously.
½ July 15, 2017
The first to a good series of films. This is a great action come history family film - a solid cast and great storyline
July 4, 2017
In my opinion, this and its sequels (yes, even the third one) are extremely well done, even with a campy and familiar feel to the films.
½ June 30, 2017
Fun to watch and entertaining, "The Mummy" lacks a good script or storyline but it really manages to excite you as much as it is needed so that you want to carry on watching. Surely not the best adventure movie I've seen, but I don't regret watching it. It just knows what it stands for and it never took itself too seriously.