The Mummy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy Reviews

½ December 6, 2016
Seemed to be better when I was younger.
½ December 5, 2016
This homage to the serials of the 1930s/remake of the Universal Classic may not be particularly serious, but it sure is fun!!!! It's sets are also fantastic and the atmosphere created is truly superb. It is overlong and incredibly silly and cartoony, but is still an entertaining film. Branden Fraser makes for a likable, cool and believable action star...my favorite character of his career.,
November 20, 2016
Some images may be a bit too disturbing for some viewers, but The Mummy is without a doubt, a fun and entertaining film to watch with stunning visual effects, thrilling fantasy/adventure action sequences a la Indiana Jones and great performances from its cast in one of Brendan Fraser's most well-known roles to date.
½ November 19, 2016
It's not Indiana Jones, but perhaps it's the next best thing. It's a sure classic. (First viewing - Summer 1999 in theaters)
½ October 27, 2016
I only gamble with my life, never my money.
October 26, 2016
Remember watching this movie with my grandpa, and it brings back good memories! Rewatched the other day and still think the mummies movies are still great!
½ October 25, 2016
I have wanted to see this movie for a long time. Unfortunately it was not that great.
October 13, 2016
With great action and extremely likable characters, The Mummy may not be a perfect movie, but there is never a dull moment in this incredibly fun popcorn flick.
October 9, 2016
For all intents and purposes this movie should be bad, but it is actually very enjoyable.
½ October 1, 2016
A nice gross creature feature. This movie is the perfect amount of wow, and ewww. You'll surely fall in love with this movie.
September 18, 2016
Harmless fun that is action-packed but never truly scary. It has a lot of callbacks to old monster movies while adding modern touches.
September 12, 2016
Fast paced and full of adventure.
½ September 1, 2016
The Mummy movies are my guilty pleasure. I think the rotten tomatoes critics consensus is perfect. This movie's script is pretty garbage and there's nothing too special about the visuals/technical parts either, but its just a really damn fun movie. It really is the definition of an "adventure film"

4.5/5
August 25, 2016
My favorite movie ever The Mummy (1999) is awesome must have adventure with some jump scares and exciting visual effects and great characters! Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Kevin J O'Connor, Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo make this movie unforgettable!
August 7, 2016
I remember being terrified when I first watched this when I was just a kid. As I've grown up, there are still a couple of things, mainly the scarabs, that make me cringe. The use of Egypt mythology was a strong point of this film as it includes Egyptian gods, curses and even some of the 10 plagues of Egypt. I admired the performances of both Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz, especially how their relationship develops over the course of the story. The supporting roles from John Hannah, Kevin J.O Connor and Oded Fehr were also highlights as their performances very easily stood out, just like the main characters. However, for me, Arnold Vosloo's role as the cursed Imhotep was the spotlight of the film as his performance alone created a strong sense of horror and power. Even though there were a couple of good laughs, I felt that this film could've been better without attempting to be funny. Overall, The Mummy is one of my personal favorite Universal films to come out within the last 14 years and I feel tops off anything that the later sequels can give to the audience.
August 5, 2016
So fun. Entertaining and funny with plenty of action.
½ August 4, 2016
The Mummy is a fun, entertaining film that successfully combines action, a bit of humor, and a great CGI effects.
½ July 30, 2016
I had so much fun watching The Mummy movies when I was younger and I still do to this day.
July 22, 2016
It's hard to believe this movie made $413 million worldwide but it did. It's really not that great when you reexamine it years later. Brendan Fraser is too much of a cornball.