Bent Reviews

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Feb 27, 2017

Bent takes a look inside the concentration camp for the homosexuals and how the prisoners tried to survive in extremely harsh conditions. My only problem with Bent is the lack of sympathetic note for the characters, they partly brought their fate upon themselves, but otherwise it is a tale of courage and strength against oppression.

• Jun 02, 2016

Adapted from the George Sherman play, who also wrote the screenplay, Bent is a story involving a homosexual romance between two prisoners in a Nazi concentration camp. Bent has good intentions, but its flaws unfortunately make its atypical story uncompelling. The historical accounts of gay persecution in the Holocaust should be reflected on more in media, but this adaptation focuses more on an unmoving love story with the Holocaust used as a backdrop for dramatic effect, and the film fails to give a convincing depiction of the Holocaust or the Nazi invasion. Bent wasn't accommodated properly for film as several scenes give more of an appearance of a stage play with their compositions than a movie. Note: The orgy scene that gave it the NC-17 rating is very tame.

• Oct 25, 2015

Clive Owen demuestra aquí el gran actor que es.

Clive Owen demuestra aquí el gran actor que es.

• Dec 29, 2014

Esas escenas de sexo sin tener sexo son mas que absurdas. Pelicula absurda, tonta y mal lograda que lo unico que logra es desperdiciar a todo su elenco.

• Nov 27, 2014

Whenever I watch a film about the Holocaust I am filled his this hatred for mankind.I feel sick,I hate people and I just am filled with raw emotions.These movies make me so angry!Anyway,this was a very good movie,showing us the horrors that the people had to face at the concentration camps,focusing on homosexuals,the homosexuals who have faced so many prosecutions and hunts all these years and are still an unacceptable part of the community for the great majority.A raw,harsh movie to watch.

• Nov 17, 2014

Sufrí de pena con el horror...

Sufrí de pena con el horror...

• Sep 24, 2014

Well-meaning and with some moments that reflect the horror of the Holocaust but often too slow and boring.

• Jul 29, 2014

Gut wrenching story with mesmerizing performances by Lothaire Bluteau and Clive Owen!

• Nov 28, 2013

Beautiful love story, strongly and boldly told in a way which at least I did not see yet on a screen. A definite must-see.

• Mar 19, 2013

Not the ending I wanted also I'm now a bigger fan of Clive Owen ð???

Not the ending I wanted also I'm now a bigger fan of Clive Owen ð???