Friends & Lovers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friends & Lovers Reviews

September 11, 2015
This really felt like an early 90's movie..It felt like the plot was supposed to be serious covered by comedy but not much in the way of LOL moments..
October 10, 2013
Shows one boob of that one woman from "When I met your mother"...That's all..
½ June 3, 2011
saw this on netflix instant. biggest waste of time ever
February 22, 2011
For the most part it's a completely worthless movie, but it does contain the complete and utter brilliance of RDJ as Hans. His character is amazing and one of the most hilarious and outrageous bit performances of all time. His nutball German accent and frosted hair is unforgettable. It's a shame the movie couldn't have revolved around him, that would have been something to see. Sadly, this movie is haunted by Stephen Baldwin and an ensemble cast that is anything but good.
½ July 10, 2010
Flimsy friends flic. Only redeeming point is the German ski instructor played over the top by Robert Downey, Jr. His attempts using karmic energy to get the girl are hilarious.
½ May 30, 2010
This was such a bad movie. Filled to the brim with bad acting, terrible writing and even worse directing. Robert Downey, Jr. was the only thing that made this move worth watching.
December 24, 2009
I don't understand why this movie has so many bad reviews. I do love it. It reminds me on the school trips we had, staying in youth hostels, the boys on the second, the girls on the first floor. I would give everything to experience those days again! : )
½ December 16, 2009
I find this movie very amusing everytime i see it. It has a great cast including a small hilarious role by Robert Downey Jr. Stephen Baldwin's wannabe lady's man charcter is memorable but all together its a team effort that makes this movie enjoyable. Def worth watching if you get a chance.
October 3, 2009
one of those movies i just love and periodically think about and relive in my head.. the chess..claudia schiffer in white ski gear...the mush moments..ian's blue blue eyes. him and (pregant) ashley frm 2 guys and a girl. she is so non annoying here!
August 17, 2009
I didn't know what to expect from this film, but I enjoyed it.

It's basically about a group of friends: Ian (George Newbern), David (Danny Nucci), Keaton (Neill Barry), Jane (Suzanne Cryer), Lisa (Alison Eastwood), and John (Stephen Baldwin). Ian is a man who does not want to talk to his father, David is a gay virgin, Keaton is not very happy that Jane, his sister, is pregnant and not telling who the father is, Lisa is "just friends" with everyone, and John has purely physical interests.

One day, Ian receives a call from his father. He says that he and his friends can stay at his large home and ski the weekend for free if they want. They decide to go... but John decides to bring with him Carla (Claudia Schiffer), a woman he barely knows... and on the way, they pick up a ski instructor named Hans (Robert Downey, Jr.), whose vehicle has broken down.

Throughout their weekend, all of their problems are somewhat resolved.

I enjoyed this film. It had some good laughs, and it had a good heart behind it
April 11, 2009
Seriously dodgy movie, seriously dodgy script, but Downey Jr gets the star for hammin it up as Hans, love the highlights!
½ October 19, 2008
i can't believe robert did this crap... this might be the worst film i've ever seen... who'd ever give money to even make the rubbish?! terrible acting (claudia, stick to the catwalk) and appaling script & direction ;/
October 4, 2008
Awesome movie. Funny too. Especially Robert Downey Jr. with that accent. The ending was funny too, there was the one guy who got no action during the whole time there,lol. Great movie, very fun to watch.
½ August 19, 2008
Should I even ask you perhaps no reason out of left field to just take a little bite out of a snowball you must- it could save your life!
June 17, 2008
A horrid storyline and script mixed with bad acting, and you get this piece of crap. The only redeeming feature to the whole thing was Robert Downey Jr.'s hilariously insane character and his ridiculous accent haha.
May 30, 2008
This was an alright movie. The only reason it got 4 stars is because of Robert Downey Jr. and the ridiculous German accent that he uses.
½ May 29, 2008
RDJ is the only reason I watched this movie. He was good, but the overall movie was blah.
½ April 2, 2008
Ok, this movie is not good. That is only a slight exaggeration, the only good thing about this is Robert Downey Jr. and it is worth a watch just for him, but other than that I would never have picked it up and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. He (Downey Jr) is a hilarious good time, and it is a shame he isn't in it more.
December 24, 2007
Not gonna lie, only watched this for Robert Downey Jr.