I'll Be Home for Christmas Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

Jonathan Taylor Thomas provides charm as a leading man and the film does have some funny moments but it still is a cliche Christmas comedy. Jessica Biel does a wonderful performance and does really well with all the cliches the film provides.

• Dec 23, 2018

With a protagonist that's hard to root for - his motivation for coming home for Christmas is to get a Porsche and it never feels like he goes through enough character development -, flat acting, lack of laughs and just being a downright boring road movie, the one thing this Disney misfire has going for it is some of the more noble things Jonathan Taylor Thomas does, though those are mostly by accident. And also because of the aforementioned motivation. I'd say stick with The Santa Clause if you want to watch a good '90s Disney Christmas comedy but at the time I'm writing this review, I've never seen that movie.

• Dec 12, 2018

a really boring and predictable movie not a yearly treat for the holidays

a really boring and predictable movie not a yearly treat for the holidays

• Jan 08, 2017

Bad boring Christmas Disney movie.

Bad boring Christmas Disney movie.

• Dec 07, 2016

One of my all time favorite movies to watch at Christmas. It's light hearted and fun.

• Aug 15, 2016

College student must find his way home for Christmas in this copycat road trip movie.

• Jul 08, 2016

My favorite Christmas movie of all time!

My favorite Christmas movie of all time!

• Jan 05, 2016

I was a 90s kid but nowadays I find most 90s movies and T.V. shows unappealing. This movie is an exception. This epic quote from it sums up both the movie and 90s/00s/10s culture: "I'm a millennial type of guy. I dig world music. I think freons should be banned. I'm into yoga and macrobiotic food." That's actually the first time I ever heard the word millennial. There is 90s pop culture oozing from every scene. The net (with a Yahooligans style graphic interface), answering machines, Aqua, overalls, beepers, Amber, backwards hats, leather jackets, Dave Matthews Band tickets, a photo of President Bill Clinton, payphones (even on a bus), Blink 182, travel agents, cordless phones, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, watches, and frosted tips. Best of all, Allie is all about feminism, poetry, girl power, and slugging pervs. Aforementioned perv assumes she listens to Jewel, Sarah McLachlan, Fiona Apple, and Natalie Merchant, which makes me love her even more. We need more intelligent and free spirited women like them in the world.

• Jan 03, 2016

There are a good amount of good Christmas movies, this is NOT one of them. The pacing seems fine but the story falls short. The acting is decent and it seems boring at times. Maybe the PG rating hurt this movie a little bit? Anyway, this is not one of those must watch Christmas movies. 2.5/5 OR 5/10

• Dec 24, 2015

A perfectly predictable Christmas comedy that's pretty short on the laughs.

A perfectly predictable Christmas comedy that's pretty short on the laughs.