Reviews

• Dec 27, 2020

As Child & Now/Adult: 7/10. 70/100

As Child & Now/Adult: 7/10. 70/100

• Dec 26, 2020

I love road trip movies and Christmas. So this was a very good mix to enjoy. As a regular movie, it would pass time, but during the Christmas season my standards are lower. The acting is a bit off sometimes and the story just doesn't make sense sometimes, but again, it's Christmas. I felt the heart in this movie and I think that's very important. I recommend this movie if you like to see relatable teens in a typical chaotic 90s setting who want to make it right on time for Christmas Eve.

• Dec 24, 2020

I'll Be Home a For Christmas isn't Disney's finest, with none of the character's particularly likeable. The only audience it may grab is the teens, with wayward slapstick jokes. A bit of a Xmas turkey.

• Dec 20, 2020

Neither parent nor child will find any merriment in this mess.

Neither parent nor child will find any merriment in this mess.

• Dec 18, 2020

At least it wasn't boring...

At least it wasn't boring...

• Dec 13, 2020

A truly outstanding festive film with Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Jessica Biel and Adam LaVorgna leading the way. Yes, there may be a lack of comedy in this picture but has several funny moments which the whole family can enjoy. There are a few quibbles I would point out on and change the story ever so slightly but what we got is what we have and I thoroughly enjoyed watching. I would've loved to seen a second film involving Jake on holiday somewhere and having to get back home for his wedding.

• Nov 29, 2020

I think it is an okay movie to watch if you have already watched the classics but overall I think it is good. It is kind of a clique but it is still fun for the family

• Oct 09, 2020

Well intentioned Christmas film, just a little undercooked. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is the lead of 'I'll Be Home for Christmas' and he's pretty good, especially at playing the cocky school kid. I feel his arc is satisfactory, though it would've been nice if there was a longer spell of him realising/correcting his behaviour. Still, I feel there's enough in there to justify the (predictable) happy ending. I, also, like the road trip elements. Elsewhere on the cast, a young Jessica Biel appears as Allie. She's solid, as is Adam LaVorgna as Eddie. It's also noteworthy to see Gary Cole involved. It's nothing impactful or anything, but it's fine festive viewing.

• Jul 12, 2020

The beginning of a movie needs to hook people in. The beginning of this movie hurt me so badly I couldn't even bring myself to watch the following 2 acts. If I watched it at the time it came out, I would have left the theater.

• Jul 05, 2020

No one will care if he gets home or not.

No one will care if he gets home or not.