Aristocrats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aristocrats Reviews

May 17, 2014
I loved this series, obviously they had to shorten and edit parts of the women's lives from the book which is huge but i highly recommend the book also. It is a brilliantly produced series for the late 90s, accurate and the acting is superb. Some of the celebrities are abit miscast but that adds to the some of the slight humour that is in this. The soundtrack is beautiful, and you can get a feeling of the 18th century style of new classical like bits of Mozart & Beethoven interspersed in there. The major criticism is the last episode most people don't like, is the the 3 remanding living sisters are completely different actresses, because of their age but oh well its only 1 episode and it inst the best.
January 26, 2012
OMG I LOVED this when it was on TV! I think it made me fall in love with the 18th century.
November 21, 2009
I should say four stars, except for the last episode which shouldn't have been part of it. It just didn't fit with the rest of the series, and they used different actors when they could have just aged the actors they already had. So we'll just ignore that last episode. The acting was brilliant, and the whole story was incredibly interesting.
August 8, 2009
Interesting, kept my attention despite its length. Was disappointed by the final episode, though, as it was confusing and didn't connect as much to the characters I had been watching and become emotionally invested in. It was an unnecessary addition that took my rating for it down - it's like it skipped a generation and then gave me no reason to care about (or opportunity to understand) the new one.
December 26, 2008
isn't it my new favorite!!!!
September 11, 2008
An interesting look into the aristocracy of England during a troubled and changing time. This wasn't nearly as witty as Ridicule, but did point out the foolishness of the aristocracy.