The Inheritors Reviews

• Aug 21, 2014

Excellent morality tale of what happens when the social order in a small Austrian village in the 30s is upset by a bitter murdered farmer's will.

• Dec 06, 2008

its a good movie but a sad movie. very nice.

its a good movie but a sad movie. very nice.

• Oct 14, 2008

Funny, or bizarrely disturbing? ...I don't know...

Funny, or bizarrely disturbing? ...I don't know...

• Aug 15, 2008

I found this movie by accident on cable tonight. It was in German with subs, but still very entertaining. No fancy cinematography, no digital imaging, not really much of a soundtrack. Still a very powerful story. Looking at the IMDB, most of the actors in the movie are German and have yet to be in any American movies. Nice to see that there are still simple movies that can rely on the story to be entertaining. I'm sure the budget was next to nothing. Most of the actors appear to be local or theater/stage actors. It's not like I fell in love with this movie, but it was a nice change from the eye-candy-filled hollow movies that are being mass produced as we speak.

• Jul 03, 2008

good drama with a twist

good drama with a twist

• Jun 21, 2008

A sometimes funny yet tragic commentary on the dark side of tradition and culture in this film about the transfer of property from an Austrian farmer to his peasants and the chaos that ensues as these new farmers challenge the balance between landowners, peasants, and the church, and are punished for attempting to do so.

• Dec 04, 2007

It is a good movie, but a bit moralistic. I did like the performances but I have seen much better german movies.

• Dec 03, 2007

A rowdy, bawdy, and clever morality tale about the elixir of freedom and the eternal clash between the haves and the have-nots. (Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat)

• Sep 21, 2007

Sophie Rois is such a magnetic actress, this film is a retro-socialist farmers' comedy with a dry tone and a humour that's very particular to Austria (even if dialect doesn't feature), best watched in German.

• Jun 15, 2007

Poignant and touching portrayal of a group of farm hands who come into unexpected fortune. You come to really empathize with them as they go about holding each other together through misfortune after misfortune. Very uplifting until the hammer just falls and you leave the theater with all sorts of questions about human nature.