The Love Letter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Love Letter Reviews

July 5, 2015
Only comment: Kate Capshaw was a producer on this yet casts Blythe Danner as her mother when in reality Ms Danner' is only 11years older than Capshaw. This movie may be 16 years old, but, come on, if women don't take care of each other, no one will.
March 12, 2013
Awww! I want it 4 Easter!! :-)
½ February 25, 2013
highly recommended ..for those who love writing and reading love letters,and send post cards :)
½ January 23, 2013
For many years I said that this was the worst movie I'd ever seen. Then I saw Be Kind Rewind.
½ December 30, 2012
harmless little romantic thing on the sea shore. nothing much to it but enjoyable anyhow.
½ December 25, 2012
Okay in an emotional kind of way. Slight humor. Slow moving.
December 17, 2012
What a sweet, gentle, warm, quietly humorous little movie. I loved the excellent performances of the all star cast and the quirky wit of the dialogue. This is what I like romcom to be. How enjoyable.
½ December 1, 2012
Sweet, quirky movie about an anonymous and unaddressed love letter that everyone thinks was meant for them. Not great, but not as dreadful as some critics or reviews suggest.
½ October 14, 2012
I like this film even though I can see it did not get great ratings. It was an enjoyable movie with likable, human characters played against an authentic small town New England feel. When you're rating films, they're not all supposed to be rated as though they were classics or Oscar-worthy. You rate them based on likability, balance of plot and characters, as well as the artistic value of the cinematography, acting, and overall direction of the film. In that way, this film gets my good side. By no means is this an amazing film, but it is a great film to watch and relax and forget about things for awhile. Good films do that, they get you out of your current state of being while still remaining real and human.
½ September 19, 2012
the ending was surprising and quite revealing, it was worth watching.
September 14, 2012
The New England of Dangerous Liaisons.
May 7, 2012
these people don't listen!1
March 4, 2012
Bland but any romance will do
January 26, 2012
The film was okay for me, although I got confused with some parts and knew it was something else than what I expected before watching this. There's more drama and little or no comedy, and I didn't get what's with 'The Love Letter' and who wrote it. It was good seeing Ellen DeGeneres' acting performance here, though.
½ December 21, 2011
Meh had funny moments but not the kind to keep.
December 10, 2011
A pleasant rom-com surprise.
September 20, 2011
descent quirky emsamble comedy/drama about a small town where everyone seems 2 know everyone's business with mixed results.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
½ May 24, 2011
Much better than the 1998 'The Love Letter' which got downloaded first in error. Not a great movie - it's all a bit wacky and Mom's Apple Pie US of A. But it does come from a place that love isn't simple and life can be confusing. Things come good if you work at them. Oh, and it's a comedy, so that's a bonus.