Deja Vu - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deja Vu Reviews

February 25, 2012
Deja Vu- Happenes before
August 12, 2011
I had mixed feelings, but I liked the photography.
December 20, 2009
Haven't seen it but oh yes, True Love lies and cheats to get what it wants! How romantic.
July 26, 2009
i played a videogame for the original Nintendo, called Deja Vu. Bet this moviwe is nothig like the game tho, lmao.
May 26, 2009
This is the one movie that tells the story of my life without even touching on the events. It's like someone looked into my heart and put on screen whatever they saw in there. It's my emotions exposed on a platter and I loved savoring it through someone else's eyes. Pure genius!
½ January 23, 2009
Is your soulmate in front of you or somewhere else in the world????
August 22, 2008
½ June 1, 2008
Good concept, but the story doesn't fit. It falls apart after a while.
March 16, 2008
The only thing worse than the acting, dialogue and plot of this movie was dana's hairdo. Just plain baddddd.
½ March 15, 2008
The idea is good but it got wishy washy as it went along. There was a moment where in discussing odd coincidences/ romance in life seemed to blend and the story was getting good. Then after that jewel thing happened, the story fell apart.
½ March 12, 2008
A pressing question is who is Sean's father???
February 11, 2008
Verkeerde film, nooit gezien
February 7, 2008
Sounds like the same story as the 2006 award winner, so I won't bother unless it comes to me. I won't go out of my way.
½ December 14, 2007
A great movie, very touching!
November 14, 2007
Sounds like a great movie
November 14, 2007
Predestined love may conquer all of the major inconveniences --- commitment, devotion, honor and stability --- but Henry Jaglom's "Deja Vu" proves that even passion ordained by the gods can't overcome a commonplace script, stock characters and ordinary direction.
November 4, 2007
This is not the movie with Denzel Washington but the one from 1997...
I liked the thought of being able to find your "one", your "soulmate" as I believe in it myself. I did not like the way the story was told, though. I strongly disagreed with the fact that you need to go all the way (cheating) first, to find out if you really are that kind of match. It should not be worth it hurting your partner and play a game of push and pull.
At first I thought that this movie's message was to follow your feelings, your heart but I was wrong, as both the characters seemed extremely depending on outside "coincidences" to find out whether they are "the" match or not. Should you not just know when that happens? I liked the twist about her being the mentioned GI's daughter. The other twist, about her having met his long dead mother was taken a bit too far for my taste. Also, I thought it was a big extreme and very fast for the 2 to conclude that they have that connection. The tiniest coincidence was interpreted and laid out as being a big sign, they almost seemed desperate to just want to believe in something like it at times.
I did not really like the woman, especially not in the beginning as she seemed so arrogant and cold. It was interesting to observe a gradual change in her throughout the movie though.

Anyway, I guess one of the goals with this movie was to make people think about "what if", it did so to me anyway.
October 23, 2007
An ATF agent travels back in time to save a woman. More entertaining than most.
October 7, 2007
HAving scenes of dejavu.
August 24, 2007
A very decent movie to watch one night, but not something I'm likely to bother watching again. It's another one of those action thrillers with police-show camera operation, bloated "orchestral" music and bombastic drum sequences. Also, it's supposed to make us think, although the script writers should probably concentrate on thinking some more themselves first. The concept was good enough, and as said, the movie was entertaining to watch. But it could have been a lot more had they worked some more on the script and made it more stylistic rather than have it look and sound so typical.