Romance Reviews

• Sep 10, 2016

Bitch doesn't shut the fuck up, nor does her supervisor. Hot, really nice ass for skinny girl. Not as much action as I wanted

• Oct 25, 2015

"I gave my son his father's name. If someone up there counts souls, then we are even."

• Jan 07, 2013

This movie has a couple of unforgettable scenes! Drags a little but it kept my interest.

• Dec 28, 2012

Unique story but could've been more in terms of acting

Unique story but could've been more in terms of acting

• Aug 10, 2012

as a masochist, I loved it. maybe it's just me....

as a masochist, I loved it. maybe it's just me....

• Jul 05, 2012

Oh, wow. Not at all what we expected. Bizarre and not in a good way. How do things like this get onto my radar, let alone onto my Netflix queue?

• May 15, 2012

I like the plot of story in Romance. That's why I give it 4 stars.

I like the plot of story in Romance. That's why I give it 4 stars.

• Jan 13, 2012

Gave this one a re-watch, it still holds up as well as a detached, clinical look at a failing relationship can. Catherine Breillat has always made film that I more respect than like, as they tackle uncomfortable subject matter that you don't see in the average run of normal cinema. Worth a rental, if only to see a part of the weird cinema conventions that happened in the late '90s and early 2000s, as real penetrative sex made its way into certain bits of French Indie cinema.

• Jan 11, 2012

The utter patheticalness of the main character can be grating, and every person seems to be sexually repressed and suffering from some kind of psychological pathology (except, weirdly, Siffredi's character). So if you're into that. I would say it's less a good film than an interesting one.

• Ed Fucking H Super Reviewer
    Aug 11, 2011

Don't let the title fool you. If anything this is anti anything the word Romance might imply. A really clever, dark psycholgical erotic drama that is at times pretty disturbing and should appeal to fans of films like Breaking the Waves, Secretary or The Piano Teacher. Caroline Ducey was great in the leading role. Really cold, subtle and real performance for sure. The overall tone and pace of the film can be described in the same way, so might alienate some viewers, but this still has a very engaging story that kept me intrested from begining to end. Features a very realistic birth scene which is difficult to watch. Recommended.,