The Best Man Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

A bit too preachy and cheesy romance but still a solid film. Recommend for people who enjoy romance films

• Jan 04, 2018

"The Best Man" as the movie is referring to is Harper played by Taye Diggs as he is going to be for one of his best friend's wedding. And at the same time, he is being recognized for his latest book "Unfinished Business" except that the book contains some personal nuances and experiences regarding some of his best friends including the friend he is going to be the best man.

• Dec 09, 2016

Amazing! Five stars hands down!

Amazing! Five stars hands down!

• Nov 09, 2016

I liked this movie. Great cast and soundtrack. And Nia Long has always been hot.

• Apr 16, 2016

Finally a black movie with low ignorance. Interesting outcomes, and would over and over again.

• Sep 29, 2015

Amazing cast and an amazing plot.

Amazing cast and an amazing plot.

• Aug 29, 2015

I came to this movie after watching the second part of the series (Best Man: Holidays), in doing so I already knew what to expect, still I enjoyed the original but not as much as the new one. The original while having a good romantic comedy is missing the raunchiness and fun factor I was expecting from the series.

Ian W Super Reviewer
    Jul 25, 2015

Great characters that are instantly identifiable and who many can relate to combine with great direction to tell a story of how friendship can transpire over many years. Funny at times but ultimately a positive and strong message keeps you watching and check out the sequel too.

• Dec 06, 2014

Predictable.. A bit boring with only a couple laughs...and WAY TOO MANY Nwords!!!

• Aug 09, 2014

Review: I done the stupid thing by watching the sequel to this movie before watching the first part, which I enjoyed much more. I couldn't really get into the sequel because I didn't know that much about the characters, but now that I've watched this movie, I totally understand the relationship between the childhood buddies and there relationships. All of the actors put in great performances which were very real and emotional in parts. Terrence Howard's character really made me laugh and the individual storyline's were well written. I must admit, I did watch the sequel straight after watching this movie and I still prefer the original. Anyway, I'm sure that most people have seen this movie before as it did come out in 1999, but I still enjoyed it. Watchable! Round-Up: Most of the actors in this movie have become major stars so it's great to watch them before there prime. Terence Howard has become the biggest star out of the bunch, with his brief major role in Ironman and other big movies like The Butler and Dead Man Down.  Morris Chestnut is mostly known for his part in Boyz 'N The Hood but he hasn't really blown up since then. He's had small parts in The Call and Identity Thief but he's yet to become a household name. Harold Perrineau is known for his character in Lost but he's yet to take on a leading role. Out of all of the make characters I did think that Taye Diggs was going to be the biggest star, but his career also seemed to have gone a bit flat. Anyway, the chemistry between the characters was great but the movie did seem to drag after a while. Budget: $9million Worldwide Gross: $35million I recommend this movie to people who are into there urban relationship movies about a group of friends who are brought together for a wedding. 5/10