Double Jeopardy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Double Jeopardy Reviews

February 4, 2010
An absolutely thrilling and fantastic movie. The acting is phenomenal, the plot is fantastic. I rarely could not recommend a better movie to an of-age person.
January 27, 2010
The Worst Thing That Could Happen To A Person !! to Be Betrayed By The Man /Woman You Love And To Be Sent To Prison Because Of them OOooo.. Im On The Fence With This Cause The NAME Itself Gives The End away ?? And It Was too Predictable at times .. Yet I Still Liked It Cause Im A Huge Fan Of Tommy Lee Jones Hey !!
½ January 24, 2010
man do they ever stop putting this movie on tv? I've seen it about fifty times on television already - you don't need to buy it on dvd just turn your tv on
January 24, 2010
When you see this movie, you've seen most of Ashley Judd's movies. She plays this character in everything else.
January 23, 2010
A very dumb and boring plot. I'd give it even a lower rating, but at least it was a thriller and it had some suspense (that isn't saying much, really, cos it wasn't that suspenseful). The story is unbelievable. I would've called it The Fugitive 2, no seriously. FINALLY the critics got it right, by hating a film that actually deserves the hate.

The bad guy (the husband) needed a lot of character development. Even those prisoners who appeared briefly had more development than him. I didn't really get him. Oh, btw, Ashley Judd looked a LOT like Katie Holmes in this.
January 23, 2010
Double Jeopardy is a pretty good thriller. The performances and writing job was pretty good.
January 17, 2010
At first I was going to say what a piece of crap movie, but when I noticed it was made many years before Kill Bill, I'm gonna take my words back. Partly.

Kill Bill is obviously a goddamn rip-off of this movie and dozen more, of course, but if you've seen Kill Bill already and you check this one out, you'll notice the similarities. Even that fucking casket-scene is almost the same. But that's not the problem. Kill Bill is a good movie, this one isn't.

Okay, the story is kinda interesting. It's about a married couple sailing to the open sea on a holiday. During one night the wife wakes up only to notice her husband has lost somewhere and there's blood everywhere. She gets convicted for murder, she finds out that the guy ain't even dead and the rest you can guess.
It's not your most obvious hollywood-crap but the whole storyline and the twists are so predictable that it kinda ruins the fun of watching this movie.

Tomme Lee Jones is himself again. He looks like a total asshole like always, he acts like one 'til he changes sides and that's it. That guy is one of those actors I can't tell wether to hate him or love him. He hasn't done bad roles, but bad, really bad movies, though. And he's always the same. Just like Morgan Freeman.

Ashley Judd is kinda lame. She's okay-looking but not too great in order to be some kind of hot and wet sex-symbol or something. There's also the mandatory sex-scene where she shows off her tits and trained body, of course. Wow, that's fucking amazing. Not. She's just too plain to be a high-class actressbabe. She's not even that good of an actress to be precise...

This is not a bad movie all in all, but it's nothing spectacular and it's also kinda irritating to spot the plotholes all the time, which makes this look "cheapish". There are some really interesting scenes and really great ideas, but as a whole it lets you down.

I can suppress this movie into three reason why you should take a look:

1) Ashley's firm boobs
2) Tommy Lee Jones
3) Kill Bill References

Kinda sad, ain't it?
½ January 14, 2010
Once again Ashley Judd is thrown into the lions den to prove her innocence in Double Jeopardy, a slick, solid thriller directed by Bruce Beresford and co-starring Tommy Lee Jones and Bruce Greenwood. What makes this film different from most of the conventional thrillers made by Paramount in the 1990's is how its protagonist actually ends up in jail for a good portion of the film. Once out she spends the rest of the film hunting down her husband who faked his death, making it look like she murdered him. Tommy Lee is once again (like always really) fantastic in his supporting role, but for the 2nd act of the movie its really Bruce Greenwood that steals the show as he makes a despicable villain. The film itself like I said is different but just not different enough to make it anything special. Not good, not bad, Double Jeopardy is just a typical Hollywood thriller with some good performances from Lee and Judd.
January 11, 2010
Good movie. How awful what Ashley Judd's husband did to set her up...GAH!!!
January 11, 2010
ah its was ok. good story.
January 9, 2010
Don't mess with Ashely Judd!
½ January 9, 2010
Saw this again last night. Ashley Judd is one of my favorite actresses and while Double Jeopardy isn't a stupendous movie, for some reason I always enjoy it whenever it comes on. Perhaps it's the concept of a loophole in the law or that I just love a good old story of revenge, but I like this one.
½ January 6, 2010
i like the story it is an interesting idea.
December 29, 2009
DOBLE RIESGO!!! ESTA MOVIE ES SIMPLEMENTE: BUENISIMA. EXCELENTE!!!
December 26, 2009
Both Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones do a great job - but recall Bette Davies in the original!
½ December 24, 2009
Think i saw it a long time ago.
December 20, 2009
Good latenight watch or on a snowy day..:)
December 18, 2009
good movie except for the few dozon F words
½ December 18, 2009
(* ) It had kind of a cool concept going with the come back and kill the husband idea. I'm pretty sure that would not stand in any sort of court, especially the claim near the end that "I could kill you in the middle of Mardi Gras and they couldn't touch me." I lolled. Yep that was an internet term, and RT did not spellcheck me for it. Dialogue was predictable, plot was even more predictable, Tommy Lee Jones was kinda cool so I'll give it a 30 despite the hilariously ridiculous concepts it's built on and the laughable devices used to further this pointless plot. It killed two hours on a boring day, anyhow.
December 17, 2009
Very intense - Enjoyed the movie greatly.