House on Haunted Hill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House on Haunted Hill Reviews

March 17, 2017
I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, it has abysmal production design, laughable special effects, and the scares are few and far between. On the other hand, I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.
January 15, 2017
I liked this. I actually thought it was funny and quite entertaining.
January 10, 2017
2/5. It's got some moments and good performances, but it's a bit dull.
November 25, 2016
This movie was a mess. The plot was interesting but riddled with horrible dialogue and acting and the movie wasn't scary or suspenseful. It had a great cast of actors but they didn't have much to work with.
September 30, 2016
A fun 90s horror flick, but a lot of movie is incredibly dated at this point.
August 30, 2016
What a great remake! It has stuff you don't see coming and takes you by suprise!
½ August 11, 2016
Was probably the dullest horror film I had ever seen involving a haunted house -- with the most unappealing characters. Although, some of the visual cues were interesting.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Boring, Predictable, Not scary, Only good thing was the story, It could of been interesting if done right but it wasn't.
July 16, 2016
While enjoyable and a great premise, this movie is very noisy, and ruined with a cartoon ending.
July 15, 2016
Cheesy as hell,boring,and just not scary remake of the timeless classic.
½ May 21, 2016
I've seen a lot of bad films in my life, but this one is up there. It's not a "so bad it's good" fun movie. It's an abomination. It's nonsensical plot angered me. It was one of the most confusing and asinine plots I've ever watched. The poor acting was unwatchable and the editing was atrocious. The film jumps from scene to scene in a seemingly random order. The special effects were bad for 1999. They would've been bad for 1899. Avoid this film at all costs. It's not fun bad, it's painful bad.
April 25, 2016
Why the bad ratings?..A great movie!
½ November 7, 2015
ok grafics were bad tho
November 1, 2015
No, it's not really groundbreaking, but as a child this movie was creepy to me and I have fond memories of it. The production design and sets are stellar and you have to love Geofferey Rush as Vincent Price and Famke Jannsen as his treacherous wife. This movie's basic creep vibe has been very formative for me. So while it's not likely an instant classic to be remembered for centuries to come...it's far from all bad.
½ June 19, 2015
Devoid of any thought, feeling, or scares. This remake is lackluster to say the least, with horrid acting, and just a remake in name only.
May 30, 2015
Ok Eval en looked nice
½ May 24, 2015
Slightly better than the remade The Haunting but still very bad.
April 28, 2015
Hokey and stupid and the special effects haven't aged well, but if you put your brain in neutral there is some fun to be had
March 18, 2015
Intense and scary throughout, creepy and stylish mind-blower.