A Dog of Flanders Reviews

• Aug 14, 2017

Enough spirit and the right attitude, but the rest of the essential elements of a successful movie just are not here.

• Feb 10, 2014

great overall story and a touching film, one of my favorites.

great overall story and a touching film, one of my favorites.

• Jan 22, 2013

a disney ending where all is not lost. the real story was much more heart-wrenching than this one... loved the adorable baby Nello.

• Sep 28, 2011

I really liked the beginning, but the ending half or so was a little less inspiring, somehow.

• Jan 28, 2011

what a movie, what an amazingly, amazingly stupid film.

what a movie, what an amazingly, amazingly stupid film.

• Nov 24, 2010

I thought this movie was great and I wouldn't mind owning it on DvD..

I thought this movie was great and I wouldn't mind owning it on DvD..

• Jan 29, 2010

this was a cute movie, although the acting & editing at times were low in quality. Jack Warden put on what may be the best performance that i've ever seen from him.

• Nov 28, 2009

I didn't hate this movie, but at the same time I didn't love it. Like all americanized/Hollywood adaptations of great tragic books like "dog of Flanders", they tend to makes some bad twist and turns which includes ruining the tragic ending. For what what it is worth, it is a very well done adaptation of the book, a good watch for the entire family, but for the fans of the book don't get your hopes up, the anime adaptations of the book have been done more perfectly than this.

• Mar 02, 2009

this is one of my favorite movies =]

this is one of my favorite movies =]

• Oct 19, 2008

Great story. Great cinematography.

Great story. Great cinematography.