Boiler Room - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boiler Room Reviews

½ November 12, 2016
Where Wall Street told you greed is good this movie at least has a conscience, it just could have done a lot more with it.
½ September 20, 2016
All the sales techniques used in this movie were so old and outdated. In reality no one would "buy" into these 1980's closing techniques.... Way too fake and obvious. That said, it's a good movie for teenagers and college kids for entertainment purposes only. If you're using this movie as a training video for your sales team, well..... Good luck with that.....
June 8, 2016
My favorite "stock market" movie. I prefer this movie over Wall Street any time.
April 23, 2016
Great Performances from all the cast especially the lead actor who brings to life a very complex character. In the end, Boiler room is a good film.
½ April 19, 2016
Enjoyable to watch. The ending was a little boring but the rest of the movie is well written. You can tell that the writers knew what they were writing about. The acting is good as you can believe how the characters deal with issues they are dealing with.
February 26, 2016
Pretty good movie. reminded me of wolf of wall street. cool tone and direction. good acting. decent story (1 viewing)
½ February 24, 2016
89%
Watched this on 23/2/16
This is even better than Wall Street, thanks to its fast pacing, engaging plot and a finely written script. The film also benefits from a terrific cast who give credible performances including Ben Affleck, Ron Rifkin and Vin Diesel. One more interesting thing is the number of movie references they make in the movie.
February 11, 2016
Boiler Room is a weak entry in the "Wall Street" category of movies. It is cheap, poorly acted and weakly scripted. Watch this if you are a fan of the genre, otherwise take a pass if you are looking for drama. Certainly do not watch this if you have not watched Oliver Stone's "Wall Street".
January 9, 2016
GREATEST STOCKBROKER FILM EVER! VIN DIESEL AND BEN AFFLECK WERE TRULY INSPIRED!!!
August 14, 2015
An engaging drama about Wall Street is destroyed by a rushed and incomplete ending. Wall Street for the new millenium? No, it wasn't. Wolf of Wall Street is much better. 70/100
July 28, 2015
Excellent excellent movie!
July 6, 2015
its like a lower end Wolf of Wall Street, entertaining
June 19, 2015
great movie for anyone in sales. it hits on so many key areas.
May 27, 2015
The ending is a let down but up till then it was an interesting thriller.
March 6, 2015
Thought it was great and was actually used by real con artist in real life. Nothing spectacular but great. 7.8
½ December 28, 2014
Love this movie. Excellent. Underrated.
November 23, 2014
I may have rated this another half star if I had seen it before Wolf of Wall Street. I'd be astonished if the director/writers didn't take inspiration from this movie. My biggest complaint about this is the horribly annoying Giovanni Ribisi. He has the facial expressions of a stroke victim and his crying scene was so awkward I had to look away.
November 12, 2014
October 29, 2014
Kept me engaged the whole time...good dialogue.....great soundtrack. Ben Affleck's scene as a top broker brought me back to Alec Baldwin's classic scene in GlenGarry Glen Ross.