Boiler Room Reviews

• May 01, 2019

Giovanni Ribisi really sells his performance. Engaging movie with an abrupt ending leaving the audience with no closure, which is ironic, probably intentionally, for a movie all about closing the deal at all costs.

• Mar 30, 2019

Its been done numerous times and even references Wall Street during one scene. This is one of the better attempts at it, not quite as good as the Big Short though. Wildly better than Wolf of Wall Street. Decent acting throughout but the only disappointment is the ending which is naff and makes little sense. We don;t see why he has such affection for this one client when he seems to have screwed over so many. Makes no sense and it's a bit of trite pay off for an incredulous audience.

• Feb 27, 2018

A very entertaining film that is worth a little more attention. The first half is the better half and it is nothing really new but it is a very enjoyable movie.

• Sep 07, 2017

This seems like a prequel to Wolf of Wallstreet that for some reason isn't on FX or Spike; WTH? In the 90's this was referred as a great cast with an awesome script and pretty good plot. If you have ever worked in high pressure sales this movie is right on! To hang out with us in our living room with beer, but no furniture, check us out on broforcesquad.com

• Aug 10, 2017

So much potential wasted here. Great cast, compelling story- the director just fails to close the deal in the end with an abrupt bail-out ending here. Rating 6.5/10

• Jul 16, 2017

The adage "money is root of all evil" is accentuated in this cautionary drama set in the titular chamber of stockbroking and moral corruption at a broiling fervency.

• Jul 07, 2017

Is it just me who knows Wolf of Wallstreet rip its story from this? LOL. Love this movie. Vin Diesel was a real actor here, not that muscle bound junkie. LOL.

• Mar 25, 2017

Giovanni Ribisi is amazing. The guy should get more recognition for his acting, but he never has.

• Mar 23, 2017

It is very refreshing seeing Ribisi finally playing a good guy. He delivers an outstanding performance and has a great chemistry with Vin Diesel. A movie similar to the movie classic "Wall Street" and yet different. We once again get taken into the world of stocks and brokers and it is done in such a lovely way that it is just a joy to watch. "Boiler Room" is another movie that shows the audience how dangerous the stock market can be for both, broker and customer. This movie, unlike other movie with a similar theme, also focus on the effect of the sales and stocks on the customers not only the brokers. It shows us how destructive just a single sale can be and how easily a simple hard working citizen can loose everything, including their family. In conclusion we can say that "Boiler Room" doesn't quiet hold up as good as "Wall Street" but it most certainly is a close second.

• Nov 12, 2016

Where Wall Street told you greed is good this movie at least has a conscience, it just could have done a lot more with it.