What Planet Are You From? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Planet Are You From? Reviews

August 2, 2015
Cute predictable film
April 11, 2015
Saw this movie several years ago for the first time, and I think it was completely underrated. There are many hilarious performances and cameos from Greg Kinnear, John Goodman, Annette Bening and many other notable actors. Can't understand how this movie ended up with such a low rating.
½ March 24, 2015
mixing genres here with mixed results.
December 28, 2014
what kind of alien uses a toilet as transportation? must be the ones who are doing the anal probing. Ben Kingsley reminds me of my loony chemistry prof. from college. Obsessed with getting prostate cancer, always wore black with a sliver Egyptian ankh and a shaved head.
December 15, 2014
This movie revolves around an emotionally devoid race of alien beings represented by Gary Shandling that are in appearance identical to humans except for the fact that they have humming penises. Starring Annette Benning and Ben Kinglsey. Yes, I am serious. Annette Benning and Ben Kingley. This movie exists.
½ November 15, 2014
Isn't it quite a shock this came from the same Mike Nichols who brought us "The Graduate" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"?
July 15, 2014
As an avid action, horror, comedy, and anything non-rom-com fan, I hate the typical Hollywood bull of same old same romantic comedies they are constantly spitting out expecting audiences to appreciate!

But on its release, I was lucky enough to fall upon this little gem of a film from the hilarious Gary Shandling - What Planet are You From?

From the get-go this film is hilarious, with Gary's dead-pan humour and ridiculous faces. Annette Benning is fantastic as is most of the other cast who fit their roles perfectly and look like they are having a blast doing so!

Carrying enough romance without being sickening, the film is almost perfect with constant laugh out loud moments and an over-all feel good achievement by the end of it.

Was great to see it again after so many years and found it even funnier this time around!
August 4, 2013
In the end the smartest guy in the universe, Ben Kingsley, didn't have a clue. Kind of a metaphor for this movie.
½ April 24, 2013
little bit funny, but not too special!
½ April 18, 2013
A sexual comedy with make aliens, the kind you want to meet.
December 16, 2012
It made me laugh a few time,but when a movie is as pointless as this one is,that doesn't even matter.
October 19, 2012
This movie was weird...
September 14, 2012
It got a little surprise at the ending for me. And so the credits says Directed by Mike Nichols, well, that's more shocking than an M.Night movie ending.
½ May 5, 2012
i liked this when i first watched it. It has an impressive cast and a funny concept, it gets boring after a while
½ January 1, 2012
I think this may have been a straight to DVD film as I do not remember seeing it advertised. Mom and Dad enjoyed it but it was not for me.
April 19, 2011
I found this one funny, an interesting storyline here.
½ November 17, 2010
little bit funny, but not too special!
½ October 23, 2010
Eihan tata edes pystynyt katsomaan, puolen tunnin jalkeen oli pakko lopettaa. Antaisin nolla tahtea jos se olisi mahdollista...