High Fidelity Quotes
The top High Fidelity quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Laura: In fact, I hope we're not in love anymore, to be honest. It would give me a better opinion of love right now.Rob Gordon: Come on! What, did I beat you? Did I tell you you were a bad person? I mean, what the fuck? What should I have done to make you happy?Laura: Nothing. Make yourself happy.Rob Gordon: Oh, I see. Um, wh-why am I not happy?Laura: Because you're the same person you used to be.. and I'm not.‐ Submitted by Joakim A (2 years ago)
- Rob Gordon: ...I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films - these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fuckin' truth, and by this measure I was having one of the best dates of my life.
- Barry: Oh, that's not obvious enough Rob. How about the Beatles? Or fucking... fucking Beethoven? Side one, Track one of the Fifth Symphony... How can someone with no interest in music own a record store?
- Rob Gordon: I'm tired of the fantasy, because it doesn't really exist. And there are never really any surprises, and it never really...Laura: Delivers?Rob Gordon: Delivers. And I'm tired of it. And I'm tired of everything else for that matter. But I don't ever seem to get tired of you, so...
- Rob Gordon: Now, the making of a good compilation tape is a very subtle art. Many do's and don'ts. First of all you're using someone else's poetry to express how you feel. This is a delicate thing.
- Barry: Well, it's sentimental tacky crap. Do we look like the kind of store that sells I Just Called to Say I Love You? Go to the mall.
- Rob Gordon: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
- Laura: Listen, Rob, would you have sex with me? Because I want to feel something else than this. It either that, or I go home and put my hand in the fire. Unless you want to stub cigarettes out on my arm.Rob Gordon: No. I only have a few left, I've been saving them for later.Laura: Right. It'll have to be sex, then.Rob Gordon: Right. Right.
- Barry: Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five.
- Rob Gordon: Hey Laura! If you really wanted to screw me up, you should've gotten to me earlier!‐ Submitted by Susan T (5 years ago)
- Barry: There's no way your daughter likes that music (Stevie Wonder) oh! Is she in a coma?‐ Submitted by Susan T (5 years ago)