Inferno (Pilgrim) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inferno (Pilgrim) Reviews

July 9, 2011
What do you do when you find a seriously injured stranger in the desert? Call for help or take him home and have sex with him? Then when you discover he is involved in criminality and you are in increasing danger, what do you do? Throw him out or get as far away from him as you can or deepen your involvement?

Almost no one must live in Arizona since no one seems to react and the police never come even after massive shootings in broad daylight.

Instead of firing from cover, professional criminals repeatedly walk into the line of fire so their opponents can gun them down.

Every shot is fatal when fired at minor characters. But shots miss or cause minor injuries when fired at major characters. Professional criminals engage in long speeches until their opponent access a hidden gun. Even then, the criminal delays firing until the opponent fires first.

In others words, an incredibly lazy and incompetent film.
½ January 26, 2009
½ December 24, 2008
Another tired remake
May 28, 2008
Very good. It had a nice blend of characters. A story that was well thought out. I enjoyed it.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
½ January 16, 2008
Interesting narrative hook (man wakes up in middle of desert, not knowing who he is, where he is, and what he's doing there) however, the film executes it in a purely mundane and derivative fashion. Not bad, as far as "straight to video" movies go, but it's still too conventional to be recommended. Only the most advent Ray Liotta fans need apply.
½ May 31, 2007
½ May 30, 2007
September 3, 2006
5.5/10. Quite decent thriller. Granted, the plot is riddled with holes, but I remained interested the whole film. Ray Liotta is good, Gloria Reuben is excellent and Armin Mueller-Stahl's presence is very welcome. Not the best, but respectable.
½ September 12, 2004
Amnesiac slowly remembers he was a nasty that made a mistake in turning on his boss, and lives happily ever after.

The only point of depth we can see is the possible examination of whether it is circumstances or personality more responsible for violent behaviour, but I think we might be pulling that one out of nowhere, appropriate considering this movie went that way.

The below average weekend continues...Sling Blade is on the dish tonight, and we haven't seen that yet...at this rate, even an average film would be manna. heh heh