Arabian Nights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arabian Nights Reviews

March 16, 2016
Okay, but not spectacular.
October 15, 2013
The heart is in the right place, but there are some issues with the execution - the special effects, CGI and greenscreening looks like it's from the late 80s, the acting is at times questionable and the sound quality is occasionally poor - particularly when the demon and genie are speaking. However, unlike most anthology films I've seen, I enjoyed all of the segments; the film puts its length to good use and tells enough of each tale to make it interesting without seeming overlong. It is at times cheesy and some aspects of the frame story feel a bit shoehorned, but I would still recommend watching.
February 5, 2013
This is a really cool spin on the Aladin most people know. It got me thinking and it was fun to watch.
December 7, 2012
Above par film, worth owning.
½ November 28, 2012
Really good movie with nice stories that turned out better than I expected.
½ October 11, 2012
Hallmark Entertainments Arabian Nights, is the story of a womans attempt to save the one she loves, through the art of story-telling. Set in mysterious Arabia, it traces Scheherezade, who with more and more of her tales, escapes her husband, Schariars, death traps. After being betrayed by his first wife, Schahriar has lost all trust, and kills his new brides the morning after the weddings. When Scheherazade decides to marry him, she saves her kingdom and her life, by seducing her husbands imagination. Breathtaking cinematography, a fairy-tale theme, and beautifully-mastered special effects contribute to the unforgettable overall effect of the film. My review: There has been so much garb on TV lately that one would not have any expectations for this one. This pure myth and magical tale proved many wrong. It is highly entertaining with great much loved classical tales like Ali Baba, Aladdin and more. Wonderful special effects, lush costumes and sets kept me entertained throughout the 175 minutes.
September 9, 2012
i love it. one of my many favorite classics
August 25, 2012
I can watch this movie over and over and over agian.
½ July 31, 2012
The Novel: Arabian Nights is Epic, to compare it's excellence with this particular Adaptation would result in failure.

The movie: Arabian Nights has it highpoints of action, yet it's hard to critize a Made for TV movie, because you know the Directors (Steve Barron, Dyson Lovell) are given a small budget to work with of $25,000 (It maybe big bucks for us,it's not if your in the film industry).

John Leguizamo who was praised for his role and won an Emmy for his portrayl, was finally credited as a serious actor and no longer a wannabe comedian. (I read his biography and was compelled to check out the Hallmark masterpiece at hand)considering he raved about it being a life changing experience. It may have catapulted the status of Legauizmos career, but destroyed Barron and Lovell's ability to make magic with lemons...
July 19, 2012
Women often love men who are unworthy of them. The reverse is also true.
June 28, 2012
In childhood I was charmed by the stories of 1001 nights. In adulthood I lived joy of seeing the screening of the most popular of them.
½ June 3, 2012
stories are well explained but could be short enough at the same time. Nice one!!
½ May 28, 2012
Another great Hallmark movie.
½ April 1, 2012
Not bad. I thought that this was very creative and had a very good story to it. I loved that the woman told the Sultan stories that helped save her life AND his life in the end.
March 18, 2012
one of my favorite mini series when they actually had mini series on tv
½ February 8, 2012
Very enjoyable! the stories are great. I loved the Genie!!!
January 27, 2012
Saw it on Hallmark. Entertaining for the family and kids on a Sunday afternoon.
½ December 30, 2011
I enjoyed the hallmark take on Arabian Nights, it's a well-done mini-series, visually lush.
½ September 18, 2011
Very enjoyable! the stories are great. I loved the Genie!!!
August 12, 2011
this is one of my favorites movies. I have seen it dozens of times both the quality and the storyline plus moral teachings are an experience for a lifetime