Convergence (Premonition) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Convergence (Premonition) Reviews

November 27, 2016
First this movie builds an unsettling atmosphere which both enhances the film and leaves a lasting impression. I saw this movie about 15 years ago and still find myself wanting to watch it again but it is very hard to find. Don't let other reviews fool you, the plot comes together but in a highly cerebral way that some find confusing. Christopher Lloyd is outstanding in this as well and should be watched just for his proformance.
December 10, 2012
A bad plot and terrible dialogue seriously dampen and confuse an interesting premise. Devices like voice overs get in the way and last minute explanations from the obligatory bartender/sage character don't save the day or provide any "Oh..." moments. A very different, slightly dark, role for Christopher Lloyd and one he does really well. Cynthia Preston does an equally capable job. I just with they'd had better material to work with.
January 28, 2012
Blah. Not bad, but not great either. Wasn't worth the watch.
½ April 26, 2010
I saw it titled as Convergence, but I'm sure it's the same film. The plot is shaky to say the least, but it's nicely shot and well directed. Gavin Wilding (who is the director, editor, one of the writers and the exec producer) sets the mood of the film just right and keeps it throughout. I wish the screenplay had been better.
January 20, 2010
Blah. Not bad, but not great either. Wasn't worth the watch.
½ May 28, 2009
This film never quite comes together. It does maintain a disquieting atmosphere throughout, but at no point does the plot coalesce into anything recognizable as a storyline. The directing and acting are reasonably well done but fail to justify the meandering narrative. Ultimately watching this film is a fool's errand.

...although it does ahve Christopher Lloyd. That's something.