Thick As Thieves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thick As Thieves Reviews

May 13, 2015
Fun and fast paced little dramedy that's a fine one time watch.
January 27, 2015
A clever and funny movie - one of my favorites.
½ September 17, 2013
An amusing morality tale about the pitfalls of being a pretentious cheapskate
September 22, 2011
I'm supposed to see this.
July 13, 2011
Though ultimately a familiar story, Thick as Thieves departs from the lone assassin archetype and instead makes it more of a buddy criminal movie with a quirky sense of humor. Alec Baldwin is at his usual best, with the rest of the film being made up of familiar character actors. Who doesn't work, however, is Michael Jai White, who was completely over-the-top, and seemingly out of place the entire movie. The film also certainly lacks at character development, we never appreciate the camaraderie or history behind the characters. Still, for all of its going through the motions, it is always watchable.
May 7, 2011
awesome awesome jazz soundtrack... the best... late 50's and 60's id say... decent movie for what it is... we liked!
½ January 23, 2011
People seem to get this movie confused with a Morgan Freeman movie called The Code. This one's plot can be a little confusing, but it's your basic crime drama. The movie seems like it was rushed a little in filming.
August 11, 2010
watched this movie late at night, but I was right wide awake! The movie is a story about a thief who after a successful assignment, escapes a attempt at killing him and seeks for revenge after a black gangster who likes the fine things in live.

The movie distinguishes itself from other crime movies because of the humor and the witty and funny dialog. Michael Jai White proves to be a very good actor. I knew him from Spawn, but this role is completely different and he is impressive. Baldwin is a very versatile actor who does great in his role as Mackin the thief. The other roles a nicely casted too. It is a well paced, intelligent humorous gangster movie. Rebecca DeMornay proves that you don't have to have a big role to impress. She reminded me of Frances McDormand in Fargo.

I can't understand why I didn't hear about this movie before. An example of gems waiting to be discovered by the audience. I loved it.
July 29, 2010
Thoroughly enjoyable comedy of criminal errors with an interesting cast. Michael Jai White is cracking as a crime boss with aspirations. My man, Andre Braugher, is excellent as his aide.
½ October 9, 2009
Thick as Thieves is a crime caper/doublecross flick that seemed to lack passion as it twisted about. Enough action to keep it moving, but not enough character depth to be moving.
½ July 23, 2009
Good, but mostly because of Morgan Freeman's role and the fact that Radha Mitchell is so hot. Otherwise this movie likely would be down in the 2 star range. I found it hard to understand what they were saying often, which irritates me in movies (maybe my hearing is going out)... and the end was a big vague and the whole plot is far too "typical" for this kind of movie. 3 stars, only because of Morgan Freeman and Radha Mitchell.
July 15, 2009
This is a great movie where the bad guy gets away with it with that ever exciting good old element of surprise. great movie there
½ July 3, 2009
niceeeeeeeeeee i really like such movies specially which works of Morgan Freeman you should see it then you can judge how a good movie is it
½ March 15, 2009
I think I have seen this movie a hundred times before but with different titles.
August 16, 2008
Very goos straight to dvd movie. Get some snacks and turn off the phone this one is great.
March 29, 2008
Some of the best dialog every written for a movie.
½ December 20, 2007
Michael Jai White was great in this film.
½ December 4, 2007
This is a funny, quirky movie.
September 11, 2007
One of the best "s" talking movies of all time. Very Cool and funny. Everybody has a nickname. Highly recommended.
April 3, 2007
Has some of the funniest oneliners I have ever heard!