A Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Carol Reviews

January 11, 2013
This is a story that never gets old. Patrick Stewart as Scrooge is a perfect choice, a choice I would not have thought would work, but it does!
January 5, 2013
A Christmas classic. You can't go far wrong with this one.
December 27, 2012
Ok version, performances perfectly fine but nothing more
December 24, 2012
In David Hugh Jones's faithful made-for-TV adaptation of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, it's more successful than other adaptations, and Patrick Stewart is wonderful in the Scrooge role, but it's still average because of the uneven script written by Peter Barnes, which is not funny or exciting, but the umpteenth version is pretty decent compared to other "tries", if it's fair to call them that...
December 22, 2012
I grew up on Alistair Sim but this version has become my favorite. the fact that this was made for TV limits it a bit and the obvious commercial breaks are irritating.

Patrick Stewart break the mold as Scrooge and gives a superb performance. The supporting cast is excellent and the story stays true to the original narrative.

A worthy addition for the Christmas season.
½ December 22, 2012
Good star cast. The usual story of one of the most remade stories ever lol
½ December 22, 2012
It actually deserves a much better rating from me, especially given that this is freaking Patrick Stewart. The characters were doing a really good job (except for the ghost of Christmas future), and the story was a genuine attempt at being faithful to the book. However, the special effects could use a bit of work, especially the crappy tornado effect before the lighthouse montage. Overall, this is a good retelling of A Christmas Carol, but it could be better.
December 20, 2012
The Albert Finney version is the best.
December 17, 2012
The best telling of the classic Christmas story. I watch it every year. THIS year, I've watched it almost every day. The 1938 version is the second best, followed by the 1984 version with George C. Scott, then the 1951 Alistair Sim version.
December 4, 2012
As a Dickens fan, I am torn between this and the 1951 version as to which I love best.
November 26, 2012
this Movie is still one of the best christmas movies i have ever seen and even though patrick stewart didn't look like Ebeneezer Scrooge he played his character on point so well that it didn't matter anyhow because that how good of an actor that he is.
November 21, 2012
it was ok but I don't think I'll watch it again, Patrick Stewart played a ok Scrooge, it was ok but expected better, it also starred Richard E. Grant and Celia Imrie, I don't want this film on DVD
November 5, 2012
Patrick Stewart is great! second only to the George c Scott version IMHO.
½ October 30, 2012
I liked it but mostly for Patrick Stewart.
½ October 25, 2012
It lacks heart. But it's still a well-made and different christmas carol that's worth watching.
October 6, 2012
aside from the muppets, best version of this movie
September 20, 2012
not too sure on this
August 13, 2012
love this story...a real christmassy tale which leaves you feeling great!!
June 16, 2012
the only way to see this classic Dicken's tale