A Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Carol Reviews

½ December 22, 2012
It actually deserves a much better rating from me, especially given that this is freaking Patrick Stewart. The characters were doing a really good job (except for the ghost of Christmas future), and the story was a genuine attempt at being faithful to the book. However, the special effects could use a bit of work, especially the crappy tornado effect before the lighthouse montage. Overall, this is a good retelling of A Christmas Carol, but it could be better.
December 20, 2012
The Albert Finney version is the best.
December 17, 2012
The best telling of the classic Christmas story. I watch it every year. THIS year, I've watched it almost every day. The 1938 version is the second best, followed by the 1984 version with George C. Scott, then the 1951 Alistair Sim version.
December 4, 2012
As a Dickens fan, I am torn between this and the 1951 version as to which I love best.
November 26, 2012
this Movie is still one of the best christmas movies i have ever seen and even though patrick stewart didn't look like Ebeneezer Scrooge he played his character on point so well that it didn't matter anyhow because that how good of an actor that he is.
November 21, 2012
it was ok but I don't think I'll watch it again, Patrick Stewart played a ok Scrooge, it was ok but expected better, it also starred Richard E. Grant and Celia Imrie, I don't want this film on DVD
November 5, 2012
Patrick Stewart is great! second only to the George c Scott version IMHO.
½ October 30, 2012
I liked it but mostly for Patrick Stewart.
½ October 25, 2012
It lacks heart. But it's still a well-made and different christmas carol that's worth watching.
October 6, 2012
aside from the muppets, best version of this movie
September 20, 2012
not too sure on this
August 13, 2012
love this story...a real christmassy tale which leaves you feeling great!!
June 16, 2012
the only way to see this classic Dicken's tale
May 28, 2012
I love just about any Christmas movie as I have stated before but, this one was great. Patrick Stewart is a wonderful actor.
April 13, 2012
This was a preety good one
March 31, 2012
Decent version of the story.
March 16, 2012
The Original is soooo much better.
March 14, 2012
Patrick Stewart does well as Scrooge, but this made-for-tv production lacks everything else.
½ February 16, 2012
when you watch enough of these they all tend to run together don't they? of course they were going to get Patrick Stewart. I just wish they'd put more money in the effects budget