America 101 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

America 101 Reviews

July 14, 2009
I would like to begin by stating that Kiarostami was the dude of Iranian childhood cinema - i would in fact refer to him as 'the one man Sesame Street of Iran' - I am however very sorry to say that this documentary is just long winded i.e. sticking a camera in a car and recording people can be as interesting as watching paint dry. Kiarostami if you ever come across this review take your sun-shades off and read my words -- This documentary made me cringe -- it?s not that I don?t understand what you are attempting to portray about Iranian society, even though i find you quite condescending, but instead it?s just the case that you lost my interest. I admit i have a short attention span, however, theoretically you could have cut and edited the best bits out this documentary and made it into a 10 minute you-tube video. This is nothing more than a final year university project. If I was a smeg-head college professor I would have given you an A++++.. Sadly however I am nothing more than a mere plebeian and have made the decision to gauge out my eyes...
February 28, 2009
An amusing commentary on the mexican illegal alien experience.
September 6, 2008
THIS MOVIE IS FUCKEN FUNNY MAN I WANNA SEE IT AGAIN
May 31, 2008
I liked it!
it was funny
but yeah not that good of a movie
½ May 29, 2008
wierdest movie since BORAT
½ July 16, 2007
Very good indie film interesting script- also funny, very funny.
June 25, 2007
this looks like a funny movie
½ June 14, 2007
If there were a way to give this thing 0 stars I would. This movie made me ashamed to be a Mexican. If you ever come across this turd of a movie, please don't watch it.
May 29, 2007
Funny movie about two Mexicans who illegally crossed the border of US but didn't find "American dream" there...
January 7, 2007
6.5/10. Amusing story of two brothers illegally entering the USA from Mexico and the rough experiences they have in the transition. Very winningly portrayed by Miguel Castro and Richard Azurdia, they pull the film together and make it work. Very enjoyable. Short and sweet.