10 Things I Hate About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Things I Hate About You Reviews

½ January 31, 2017
Pretty generic teen romance. I mean, not that I would know, but it just seems like I've seen it somewhere else. Over-reliance on love songs got annoying, but Heath was what kept me watching.
January 29, 2017
My favourite romcom to this date. I loved everything about it. From the acting to the plot (read script, the story is kinda old).
½ January 23, 2017
A genius plot and really funny and silly. I love it.
January 22, 2017
lovely, it made me cry
January 20, 2017
I love this movie and it's watch ability factor to it awesome movie to watch on any occasion.
½ January 4, 2017
though multiple plot points and character choices feel a bit forced, !0 Things I hate About You has a decent cast and a nicely updated script from it Shakespearean source material making for a fun 90's teen movie.
December 28, 2016
Not the average 90's teen comedy.
December 27, 2016
It took me a span of two weeks to finish watching this movie, because I had to watch it in chunks in order to emotionally process what was going on. The main character girl is stressful, because she tries to act a lot tougher than she actually is. The main dude was pretty annoying too, because he was so fake. But then at the end, Kat starts crying while reading her sonnet, and it just wrecks you, because you realize she is capable of wielding feelings. And then the main dude buys her a Fender guitar, so you learn to forgive him bc you can't really hold a grudge against someone who buys a Fender. Like WOW, that is a great quality guitar brand. Overall, a pretty good film to watch on a third or fourth date with your significant other
December 5, 2016
Ledger showcases his brilliant talent in this quintessential 90s high school comedy.
½ December 3, 2016
A charming movie. So much fun.
½ November 16, 2016
I feel like I'm too old for this movie. It's not an interesting movie to begin with so would definitely not recommend this.
November 7, 2016
Another review down the tubes, so here we go! 10 Things I Hate About You is a very entertaining teen movie, but it doesn't make me roll on the floor laughing as some other teen films do. What makes this film work is the relationships between the characters. Yes, this has a part to do with fact that this story is based on a Shakespeare play, but this film does a good job translating it to high school. These high schoolers seem real. Everything from mannerisms to the language they use. Sure some of it is cringeworthy, but I urge you to listen to some teenagers speak and try not to cringe yourself. Overall, this film is a good watch. It will leave you with a smile on your face!
October 24, 2016
Has some plot elements and a few characters that are very clichéd, but it delivers on great acting and hilarious humour. Might not be a masterpiece, but well worth my time! 3/5
October 21, 2016
This movie isn't perfect but it always puts a smile on my face
October 1, 2016
In this very popular comedy aimed at teenagers directed by Gil Junger, a student (Julia Stiles) is furious to discover her prom date (Heath Ledger) was bribed by her sister to invite her. But confusion reigns when he then falls for her.

Stiles gives a very good performance in her role as Kat, while Ledger is superb in his role as Patrick, and this would be his breakthrough role, meaning he would be one actor to look out for in the future because on this occasion he suits the role very well. There is good support to be had from Larisa Oleynik as Bianca, Stiles' sister who sets the arrangement up.

Junger's direction is very solid throughout and there are some really funny moments to be had, but the main thing is that the movie is funny all the way through. If you are a fan of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, which itself was made into a movie starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, this you should end up liking this film. I did, because I consider it to be very funny, charming and pleasant to view.
September 26, 2016
Such a great movie. Love Julia and Heath in this movie.
September 8, 2016
I like the dad. The movie holds up even til this day. It also has some subtle jokes that might not catch the viewers attention which I appreciated.
August 31, 2016
Wow, everything a classic flick would offer!

All the cast are great actors, they fit well with their characters and it doesn't feel force or anything. The story's kind of cliche (because I have only watched it at this time of the year and it's been a decade!)

This is a very clean and fresh teenage romance classic flick I would probably still enjoy watching after a decade or more.
August 28, 2016
Wow, everything a classic flick would offer!