10 Things I Hate About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Things I Hate About You Reviews

April 1, 2016
Thought this film was well thought out.
March 21, 2016
One for the teens. Ledger gave a good performance.
March 15, 2016
Guilty pleasure of mine
March 6, 2016
Never seen this, but always wanted to.
½ February 18, 2016
I think that this will be the film that the 3 best known actors will look back on with a little regret, it's certainly not the type of film that they attached themselves to afterwards. It's a daft high school romance film with plenty of cliches. I actually think that it's only the cast that have given it a better reputation than it probably deserves. It does have a pretty good soundtrack though.
½ February 15, 2016
It's trying to be a parody but it's also plot-wise the most generic teen movie ever made. It's just hard to define what kind of movie it is, not because it's original, but it doesn't know what it's trying to be, other than a teen comedy that worked in the 90s, but looking back, not so much.
February 11, 2016
perfect high school movie.
julia stiles and heath ledger were the perfect match!
February 9, 2016
Oooh look! A little JGL!! Isn't it the cutest?? -ahem- Sorry. Anyway, even if it seems to be a tiny bit slow on the pace - editing out what might be space for audience laughter would certainly have helped - the whole piece is charming. Stiles is of course the best thing in this, she is subtly spot-on as always, and Ledger is great and plays his arc wonderfully. Great performances as well by Oleynik, Miller, Krumholtz, Mitchell, and Janney, and Keegan is nicely hateable.
February 9, 2016
Don't know why but I love this movie
January 25, 2016
i am sixteen years too late in watching this but better late than never. Never got boring and it was creepy watching heath ledger as a chocolate boy. predictable but witty.
½ January 10, 2016
not too bad, lots of funny parts
January 4, 2016
10 things I hate about this film: can't think of them. Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles are superb, making this one of my favorite chick flicks.
December 30, 2015
Setting: VERY 90s
Characters: 1-Dimensional. Basically take the first few minutes of breakfast club and stretch it out to movie length.
Plot: Taming of the Shrew
Directing: Ok
Acting: Great!
December 28, 2015
I love this movie and hope that you will add it to your site
December 26, 2015
Maybe eventually...but not in the near future will I see this.
½ December 20, 2015
A decent film. I know that this was a huge hit back in the day, but honestly, aside from being a modern adaptation of Taming of the Shrew, and having somewhat of a dark sense of humor here (which I can appreciate) there's really nothing that special about this film. I'm saying that just in reference to all the endless praise I've heard about this film. I still feel like it's definitely worth a viewing even after seeing it with the high expectations I had, so for all I know, anyone else seeing it might love this.
December 19, 2015
In the plagued genre of teen movies, 10 Things I Hate About You elevates itself to the standard that others will try (but epically fail) to achieve. It's kind of charming in the fact that it's about these two people who are perceived as dangerous or cold-hearted who fall for each other, but more importantly, it's still entertaining. 8/10
½ November 26, 2015
Wait, what were the 10 things? Anyway, this is Taming of the Shrew re-imagined as a 90s high school chick flick. It's adorable and fun.

Tagline: You gotta be cruel to be kind.
September 28, 2015
A somewhat cult classic of the 90's, filled with cliched scenarios, over-the-top characters, and a little heart.
½ September 17, 2015
I enjoyed watching an updated and interesting remake on taming of the shrew in a high school setting. Heath Ledger was very kind, funny and charming with the "bad boy rep" and played his part well as did Julia Stiles in being a stubborn and outspoken teenage girl she takes on the feminist aspect well. Very cute and funny if you're into romcoms with hidden Shakespeare references. I would definitely watch again!