10 Things I Hate About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Things I Hate About You Reviews

August 7, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: '10 Things I hate about you' is actually a lot of fun because it doesn't take itself too seriously, but still manages to build characters that we can connect to and care about.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Striking the balance on that though was always going to be tricky, and consequently this film can't get away from just how cringe-worthy it is, but in taking itself less seriously, it ends up fairly story-less too.
VERDICT: For what it is it's one hell of an enjoyable ride - even if it doesn't quite hit the right balance between emotional moments and spoof comedy.
½ July 25, 2016
Funny and with an enchanting cast , "10 Things" is predictable and nothing new, but a great teen movie in the end.
½ July 11, 2016
One of my guilty pleasures and I usually don't really enjoy these types of movies. But the relationships of the characters are very believable and they all have really good commentary. I like how Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger and Larisa Oleynik all have somewhat equal amounts of screen time, and although one can use that as an excuse to call the movie unfocused, it feels appropriate here. I do like all the characters and I do like the character development and how the characters mature throughout the movie. It's refreshing. Great 90's teen movie, if not the quintessential.
½ July 8, 2016
A better-than-average soundtrack and a better-than-average Shakespearean adaptation make for a better-than-average high school romcom.
½ July 2, 2016
One of the better teeny bopper movies. Great cast, with good chemistry probably help that. So much high school nostalgia watching this.
½ June 1, 2016
Never thought I would honestly like a romantic-comedy movie, but this movie got me. This movie surprises with its smart script, comedy scenes and Heath Ledger's spectacular performance. 10 Things I Hate About You is a must-watch for any romantic-comedy fan or someone who has no interest in romantic-comedy movies (me).
May 31, 2016
Never seen it but would give it a go
May 22, 2016
I'll see it for Heath... RIP
May 8, 2016
A very cheesy love story that makes a good movie for high school students at most.
½ April 27, 2016
"10 Things I Hate About You" is a clever update of William Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew". It's a clever script with superb performances by Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles. It's definitely smarter than your average teen romp. Enjoy it for it's young (and often comedic) love stories or it's subtle kudos to its original Bard. Rating: 7.5 / 10
½ April 3, 2016
Heath is good of course but seeing this movie for the first time in 2016 is jarring. It really shows its age.
April 1, 2016
Thought this film was well thought out.
March 21, 2016
One for the teens. Ledger gave a good performance.
March 15, 2016
Guilty pleasure of mine
March 6, 2016
Never seen this, but always wanted to.
½ February 18, 2016
I think that this will be the film that the 3 best known actors will look back on with a little regret, it's certainly not the type of film that they attached themselves to afterwards. It's a daft high school romance film with plenty of cliches. I actually think that it's only the cast that have given it a better reputation than it probably deserves. It does have a pretty good soundtrack though.
½ February 15, 2016
It's trying to be a parody but it's also plot-wise the most generic teen movie ever made. It's just hard to define what kind of movie it is, not because it's original, but it doesn't know what it's trying to be, other than a teen comedy that worked in the 90s, but looking back, not so much.
February 11, 2016
perfect high school movie.
julia stiles and heath ledger were the perfect match!
February 9, 2016
Oooh look! A little JGL!! Isn't it the cutest?? -ahem- Sorry. Anyway, even if it seems to be a tiny bit slow on the pace - editing out what might be space for audience laughter would certainly have helped - the whole piece is charming. Stiles is of course the best thing in this, she is subtly spot-on as always, and Ledger is great and plays his arc wonderfully. Great performances as well by Oleynik, Miller, Krumholtz, Mitchell, and Janney, and Keegan is nicely hateable.