Circus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Circus Reviews

February 25, 2013
This one pushed me right over the edge...
July 19, 2012
There's nothing more tedious than a movie that thinks it's being clever but hasn't the wit to disguise it's twists so the audience isn't already ahead of the reveal.

The only surprise the movie managed was to not add one lass tedious turn in the epilogue. A few decent performances are hampered with awkward dialogue and insistence on giving characters qwerks to define them instead of depth.
May 29, 2012
About twenty twists too many.
½ July 6, 2011
solid 'b' movie thriller....plot is far too 'deep' for its own good...but it flows and has a nice mix of violence and humour....Hannah keeps the movie interesting
December 29, 2010
This movie is so good..
½ December 10, 2009
This is one of those movies where the director tries to make a smart and clever movie but instead ends up a muddled and only mildly engrossing film. John Hannah is well cast and he comes off the best in the cast, but the characters are so unsavory that it never really drew me into the film. It's a bunch of nasty people doing a lot of nasty things.
October 1, 2009
So the twists and turns are ultimately pretty silly and unbelievable. However, I adore the cast and loved watching these people interact even though it was largely for no reason.
September 8, 2009
pretty funny "who's conning who?" flick. twisted in every sense of the word.
July 29, 2009
Undoubtedly made in the image of Lock Stock, etc. but whoever made Circus got the formula all wrong. Nobody likes those movies because they like seeing people be double, triple, and quadruple crossed (I really think someone literally quadruple crossed someone in Circus), they like them because of the followable twists and turns that come with people getting into and then out of deep $hit, with a heavy emphasis placed on "followable." I'll admit that I have a general weakness for the genre, though, and liked Circus okay because of it, but I could make a grocery list of problems aside from the crossing that I mentioned. The music was TERRIBLE! Noir sometimes. Discotheque sometimes. It was awful and poorly used. One character in particular had no confirmed resolution. And the main character (John Hannah) comes off as this clever genius with access to a hefty amount of money to pay a blackmail, yet he can't pay off his bookie? I don't know. I'm kicking myself for each of the three stars that I give this, but I really did like it okay, it's just... bush-league.
April 27, 2009
Another fave of mine & another enticing Gangsta' Flick!!!
February 20, 2009
So many twists n turns in this crime thriller. Awesome story with terrific acting, and definitely some cool action scenes.
½ December 29, 2008
Oh dear! From the moment Conley bites Biggins ear off in the first scene you know your in for a tough 90 minutes. So many twists and turns it became boring and predictable - the only surprise was that so much talent got wasted - Conley being the exception due to lack of talent
November 9, 2008
Such a good "who done it" movie
½ October 18, 2008
Way too slick for its own good. There are some great moments, but the plot is so convoluted that its twists literally fail to make sense by the conclusion.
½ July 27, 2008
Wasn't the grandest thing ever. Good storyline though.
July 3, 2008
Your run-of-the-mill Snatch wannabe. Nuff said, just fine.
June 25, 2008
Brian Conley and Eddie Izzard- what's not to like?!
½ March 15, 2008
I love this but need to watch it 8 more times to undarstand
February 10, 2008
Folk lurer hverandre. Hm. Husker ikke grusomt mye mer. Eddie Izzard er genial som alltid! - Kødda.
February 5, 2008
Pretty boring...Tiny Lister was the best part.