Bedazzled Reviews

• Nov 18, 2020

watched it once before a long long time ago. Forgot that I watched and recently researched this film now I know why I didn't remember because the film is forgettable.

• Nov 05, 2020

A severely simple yet adequately effective comedy that relies on the comedic variance of Fraser and the sex appeal of Elizabeth Hurley far too much. Destpite bedazzled's shortcomings the approach to each new wish can be wildly entertaining in the moment. The end result is one dimensional, but with pacing that never overextends a gaffe and a great chemistry between the cast none of that matters too much.

• Oct 20, 2020

For 2000: Brendan Fraser was a great comedy actor during the 90s and gotten big recognition for his turn in the box office hit remake of The Mummy. Didn't know for the longest time this movie was a remake of the 1967 flick. But this was my first introduction to Elizabeth Hurley. She was a model first before making it big onto the silver screen. Here Fraser plays lonely Elliot at a successful company. He is very social and peppy but he has no friends to speak of plus he's in love with his his co-worker Allison. He would give anything just to be with her and someone actually answers his prayers...it just happens to be the Devil of all people. Hurley plays the devil with such wit and charisma using her sex appeal and devious nature to lure Elliot into giving him what he desires. She can grant him 7 wishes in exchange for his soul so he can be with Allison. But it doesn't seem so easy as each of his wishes backfires. How much more can Elliot take before enough is enough? This is one of Brendan Fraser's funniest roles with the wish fulfillment thing. He's such a great character actor doing facial expressions as well as the physical comedy. I forgot Harold Ramis directed this too which gives it that Groundhog Day vibe as well. Elliot even meets God at one point learning to redeem himself from being so selfish and clueless about what women really want. In the end we can't really have everything we want just by wishing it, it's all about getting their on our own and making it work, sometimes it takes a selfless act to make us think and be better, sometimes life can just happen if we want it too, opening up our hearts and our minds lets us know what we actually want to do in life even if we make some mistakes along the way 'Bedazzled' is so much more fun to watch than it has to be thanks to a great duo of actors, hilarious scenarios, and a different parable of good vs evil. This is one of the better comedies of the early 2000s.

• Aug 31, 2020

I'm surprised by the hate this movie has. I really enjoyed this movie. I've been trying to see this movie for the past 6 years and the wait was well worth it. Elizabeth Hurley as the devil is phenomenal and I recently watched the original and that sucked. This is way better and yes it is a more modern approach, it is amazing. Yes this movie is very dumb at times but it all builds up to a fun time at the movies. I would definitely watch this movie again in the future.

• Aug 25, 2020

This is Elizabeth Hurley's star turn. She's a sexy and seductive Beelzebub who toys with Brendan Fraser's nerd who's willing to sell his soul to the devil.

• Aug 05, 2020

Good watch, might watch again, but hard to recommend. This almost just looks like Brendan Fraser had a list characters he wanted to try out, and Elizabeth Hurley had a list of "devilish" characters she wanted to try, and this movie just serendipitously appeared. It really leans on the "how ridiculous can we get" button, but it is almost exactly what the premise says it is: Brendan Fraser gets 7 wishes to try to get together with the woman of his dreams, and then it goes as horribly as you might imagine. There are lots of funny bits in this and some cringe moments. The movie finds a nice balance between being based on religion and being (not sac-)religious. The problem is that while it is solid, it doesn't necessarily hold up to 2020 comdies.

• Jul 06, 2020

This film is very entertaining and funny, and would recommend this to any comedy lovers.

• Jul 02, 2020

Cute enough to entertain, though the script isn't great, the actors often make up for it.

• Jul 02, 2020

This is a GREAT movie. Good story. Good acting. Fun. It’s not Schindlers List, but come one! This is a great, fun flick.

• Jun 29, 2020

Ramis' remake didn't really hold up at the time, and so, with its scenes of brownface and low-hanging, low-grade bigotry, the movie certainly doesn't hold up now.