Ma Wing Jing (Hero) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ma Wing Jing (Hero) Reviews

February 11, 2013
I am not really the kind of person who can write a review and allot of you will disagree with me on this but here we go.
Allot of people do not appreciate how good some of these films can be, granted they can be cheesy and slightly over the top, but all things considered this is original, the plot is thin but that fact is overshadowed by the intense action in which I found myself entranced.
When you start watching it may seem slow but it does kick in, and when it does, you really find yourself liking the main characters.
I do not want to say much about story, because I believe it needs to be seen even though some would consider the acting and plot not that great, definitely worth a watch if you are a fan of the Shaw Bros action and stunts or John Woo's intense gun fights.
September 9, 2010
Seldom would I say a movie is moving too fast, but this is the one. Giddy script & dialogue, poor story telling, very awful editing (too rapid shots).
October 6, 2009
Artes marciales, increíblemente increíble. XDDDD
Un claro ejemplo de película absurda de artes marciales.
½ September 3, 2009
A Mafia film from the duo of Corey Yuen (director) and Jeffrey Lau (screenplay) arranging the true history to an action entertainment. Ma Wing Jing is real figure. Takeshi Kaneshiro and Biao Yuen give great performances, but the film lacks a certain degree of unity - eccentricity of Lau's screenplay does not work well in this film, especially in some meaningless scenes of comedy and exaggerated gunfights and explosions, since what I think is most important in a gangster film is its atmosphere. Lack of an attractive heroin is another disappointment. Well, this is in a sense really Hong-Kongese film (its eccentricity, swordfights which start all of a sudden out of the context, reversal after reversal, etc.).