Blow Dry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blow Dry Reviews

July 27, 2016
The reason you'll be seeing this bit of fluff is that it is, excuse the expression, especially because I'm American, bloody good. Not only are both Alan Rickman and Natasha Richardson incapable of being anything but marvelous, but the story line is managed better than most. It runs well, you won't be bored. But OH, here's my point. Make SURE you catch the "Mayor" doing his turn as the best Elvis impersonation I've caught in years. It seems he is singing, it looks to me as if he is singing it along with an old Elvis album. You tell me....anyway, if you're a fan of Yorkshire accents, scenery, and a bunch of good actors having a fine time of it, don't pass this one up. Popcorn AND kleenex AND Elvis.
February 4, 2016
Watched in homage to the great Alan Rickman. It's completely ridiculous, but sweetly so. Absolutely lovely to see Natasha Richardson. Bill Nighy is always a treat. And a hoot to see Hugh Bonneville in this role, especially right after watching Downton Abbey. I got a lot of grins out of this.
January 20, 2016
I quite enjoyed this movie. Campy fun. Alan Rickman was wonderful.
April 9, 2014
Too many incredible actors for this to be a truly awful movie (excluding the younger cast members, of course.) While the script is a bit campy and there are a couple bad fake accents, you will find yourself living for Alan Rickman and Bill Nighy scenes, as their charisma makes this movie worth watching.
September 1, 2013
I cant deal with Josh Hartnett with an accent I just laughed the whole time
August 30, 2013
Just a sweet, funny and sometimes even touching movie about a family of hairdressers. Alan Rickman delights, as always.
July 29, 2013
haha, this was good! Better than I thought. A cute film.
January 25, 2013
I love josh hartnet so yeah :) cute weird lol movie
January 6, 2013
Just want to see what it's about.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
November 15, 2012
A decent comedy is bogged down by out-of-place dramatic moments. Drama in a comedy isn't a bad thing, but this movie doesn't do it right.
April 5, 2012
Very fun. I own this one. I wonder if Alan Rickman and Bill Nighy are friends.
February 28, 2012
Silly? Yes. A bit ridiculous at times? Yes. But does that make it a bad film? No. I found this film fun and enjoyable with a great cast in Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy, Josh Hartnett, and Rachael Leigh Cook. This film good for a light faire movie day.
½ February 28, 2012
Good cast, average film...
December 23, 2011
one of those iconic movies that pseudo movie afficiandos poo poo. PS everyone was in this
November 12, 2011
it's alright, a little bit different and a lot of predictable..
August 19, 2011
Not great, not bad - somewhere in the middle.
August 2, 2011
I thought it would be a lot funnier and intense than it was, it was actually pretty tame. Great cast including Alan Rickman, Natasha Richardson and Bill Nighy, but not much else was good. & Josh Harnett's acting/British accent was horrible!
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
½ June 16, 2011
Great cast, some terrible accents.