Cheaters Reviews

• Jan 15, 2014

More than what I expected it to be, and while it's never outstanding, the themes certainly shine through at all the right moments.

• Feb 25, 2012

perfectly done. casting was fantastic Jena Malone is hot as ever. and Jeff Daniels is hilarious. you cant go wrong with this movie

• Jul 14, 2011

Une très très bonne surprise, loin du teen-movie gentillet que l'affiche laisse prà (C)sager.

• May 15, 2011

• Jan 24, 2011

Ha a ton of potential plotwise, but the fictionalization of too many elements abd romanticizing of a pretty crappy act made this disappointing.

• Jan 22, 2011

Dead Poets Society for cynics.

Dead Poets Society for cynics.

• Dec 14, 2010

Good TV movie about cheating scandal.

Good TV movie about cheating scandal.

• Nov 09, 2010

A great little drama about a true story of academic cheating. Sounds boring, but is really good. I used to make my seniors watch this and write about paper about it in my Ethics class.

• Aug 26, 2010

Cheaters puts a face behind right and wrong, and makes the viewers choose the wrong doers as the ones who are making a difference and learning a lesson. It's like what Malone's character says "I learned more in 9 months of cheating within the decathlon than I have at any other point in my life." It is true that rules were meant to be broken, and doing so helps our future children in not making the same mistakes. Sometimes it takes a cheater to push the system to be stronger. These cheaters passed with a+'s in doing just that. Jeff Daniels is inspirational as the teacher who gives his free time to help less fortunate students practice for the US Academic Decathlon. But, after a poor showing in the Regionals, the team feels it's a waste to try at the State's. A student gets his hands on the test and they decide to cheat the system and beat the unbeatable school that wins every year because they have more resources. Daniels questions his ethics but decides it is time to dethrone the rival school that has everything because he believes his students deserve to win just as much. It's hard to make the wrong doers in any story to be the ones the viewer can relate to, or fall for. But, Cheaters does just that by taking us on a ride to see if the students can get away with lying about cheating on the tests. The old saying "What beats you makes you stronger" applies to both the team of cheaters and the school system. The students learned important lessons that made them smarter than they could have ever thought. Meanwhile, the school system had a light shined on their poor ways of running this competition, and learned that they must revamp it to make it un-cheatable for future students. The young actors playing the "cheaters" were well-placed in their roles. Jena Malone was a real stand-out, and her character seemed to really get how the world worked. Her line to end the movie was inspirational "I want to be a teacher, if I ever catch one of those bastards cheating, I'll turn them in, but if they can get by me then I know they are ready for the real world." Cheaters is a well-written, spot-on directed, brainy movie that centers around the type of people that aren't expected to be so smart. Never underestimate those below you. You never know what anybody is capable of, one can only lose so much before they will do anything to win. And with over 80% of students admitting to cheating, it's great to see a group of likable cheaters make a name for themselves.

• Aug 22, 2010

Pretty interesting movie...kind of the anti inspirational teacher flick.

Pretty interesting movie...kind of the anti inspirational teacher flick.