The Gift - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Gift Reviews

September 17, 2017
I consider this a hidden gem of a movie. The final act had me riveted to the screen and Keanu Reeves' performance really surprised me. He was a [insert derogatory term here]. I absolutely loathed his character, which is a compliment.
August 6, 2017
Story about a psychic mother who is asked to solve a murder mystery. Not really that well directed by Raimi. But Cate Blanchett is so good in this as she is pretty much everything that I still liked it. Great performance.
½ December 30, 2016
This movie has a lot of very well-known actors but it was still a rather dull and uninteresting film. Cate Blanchett plays a woman with psychic ability or perhaps some form of ESP. She helps gives clues to solving a murder despite people who are skeptical of her abilities.
December 29, 2016
A decent mystery film, but slow and confusing at times. It did have a good twist though. (First and only viewing - 7/21/2016)
July 30, 2016
Awesome movie! I honestly don't know why it got such low ratings.
½ July 24, 2016
A waste of a talented cast.
July 22, 2016
Intense & incredible.
½ July 17, 2016
Just as good the 3rd time...great characters and fantastic actors. Giovanni Ribisi was outstanding.
July 8, 2016
bahahahaha; i died when they showed the scene with the random man playing the violin! LOL! but this movie was pretty good i guess; Keanu gots to chill out a bit, but i liked Giovanni's character/sub-plot. i saw the twist at the end coming though.
June 30, 2016
This movie is kind of all over the place but it's got a cast of fantastic actors (and Keanu) playing Southern folk, some decent horror stuff from Sam Raimi, and a topless Katie Holmes. Guess you could do worse.
May 1, 2016
I'm haunted by this film and the performance of Kate Blanchet. She doesn't want to use her gift, probably believes it's a curse, but needs feed her children. Instead of preying on the weak, she tries to use her gift / curse to help, and almost ends up dead.
March 25, 2016
I have never seen such a good acting before, Cate Blanchett acted brilliantly well in this movie. All others actors did well. I enjoyed a movie after a long long time, this movie is a great movie like "drag me to hell". Keanu Reeves, Hilary Swank, Jessica King, Giovanni Ribisi all acted brilliantly but Cate Blanchett acted exceptionally well. The script of movie was also good with good background score, I suspected almost all the characters of the murder till the end untill only one was left to suspect and I knew that this is the killer it was real thriller, not too hard to understand nor easily predictable, enjoyable infact, and the cast has done an outstanding job and I just loved this movie
March 19, 2016
What a great movie! Love these type of tales.
March 5, 2016
I thought this was a great movie! Suspenseful, eerie, and a mixture of southern mysticism and small town intrigue.
March 5, 2016
Must agree with the pros. How could this cast not make lemonade? I suspect it was largely Thornton's lack of familiarity with the genre which resulted in a lackluster climax. Sad really. Could have been something good.
February 21, 2016
Expansive cast. Giovanni Ribisi performs the best while Keanu enjoys a role alot different to the usual type of character he ends up playing.
½ January 24, 2016
One of the best suspense movies but underrated specially, Cate's portrait .
December 26, 2015
much better than the consensus reviews
½ December 5, 2015
46%
Saw this on 15/06/14
Cate Blanchett and especially Keanu Reeves playing against type as the drunk wife-beater gives commendable performances, but the film fails in producing a logical story or one that makes some form of sense. It's too supernatural and the suspense in the end is bad. Sam Raimi's film is watchable compared to his many other film thanks to fine cinematography and sound effects.
November 3, 2015
Katie Holmes topless- 'nuff said.