Traffic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Traffic Reviews

August 6, 2016
Saw it 16 years ago in theaters and loved it. Had to re-watch it, which is not something I do often. It was very much worth it! Just phenomenal film making all around. It's a stellar and large cast bring excellent performances to drive home the effects of the war on drugs. It's a compelling piece of social issues storytelling.
½ July 30, 2016
Definitely one of the best works from Steven Soderbergh. The cast, and storyline and the script are almost unbeatable! Benicia del Toro' s performance and character is both heartwarming and somewhat heartbreaking. The use of Brian Eno' s music at the end scene is pure genius.

Can never get tired of this movie.
July 23, 2016
excessively admirable
June 20, 2016
One of my top 5 movies of all time!
April 29, 2016
Excellent acting and a well-crafted script make Traffic a worthwhile watch, even if in retrospect the film's early-2000s-feel and film editing makes it feel dated.
March 29, 2016
Traffic did fairly well on the themes of drug abuse, and all the blurred lines separating good from bad, corrupt from principled, and love for family from call of duty when the former goes against the latter. I just didn't find it that compelling.
½ March 24, 2016
Very dark movie with 3 different stories going on at the same time. To me, the story was very realistic and the acting was excellent.
½ March 2, 2016
With not a single dull moment, "Traffic" is engrossing, gritty, and raises issues still relevant to the war on drugs over a decade after the film's release.
February 17, 2016
I just review Traffic.This was the best movie ever made on drugs & cartels. Witty , great plot stellar cast.Just terrific.Unforgettable.
½ February 3, 2016
Too many side stories.
None of them stand out.
February 2, 2016
Un polcía mexicano se ve envuelto en una red de corrupción, al mismo tiempo un agente de la DEA trabaja en uan operación encubierto en la DEA, un capo de la droga será capturado y reemplazado por su esposa, mientras que el nuevo zar antidroga de los Estados Unidos deberá lidiar con la adicción a la droga de su hija adolescente.
½ January 26, 2016
Seeing it 2000 and 2015, it really holds up nice. Its ring of plots still blend perfect and are still all relevant today. Each story being obvious, but not always clear to its end point. Someone who knew nothing about drugs in the US could use this as their CliffsNotes....sort of...
½ January 23, 2016
What I loved so much about Traffic, is its lack of a protagonist. Each of the characters have moments of slipping up and making bad decisions, so you don't know what's going to happen in the next scene. Be that as it may, the Academy Award Winner for Best Supporting Actor, Benecio Del Toro, owns this movie. He commandeers your attention from the first scene until the last. THAT is what acting is at its finest. Soderbergh, well played good sir! My hats off to Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michael Douglas, Don Cheadle, Julia Stiles (great role for her), Albert Finney, and Topher Grace.
December 31, 2015
Steven Soderbergh manages to weave together three astounding storylines full of great performances within Traffic, a film that is truly astonishing in telling the different facets of its tale.
November 9, 2015
Easily the best 2-and-a-half hour long movie I've watched in awhile. Hard to believe I put this one off for so long being a huge fan of Soderbergh's work in general.
October 21, 2015
Presenting the devastation left in the wake of drug using and trafficking, Traffic also represents Steven Soderbergh's mainstream notoriety.
½ October 16, 2015
Either Soderbergh doesn't have a clue about how the illegal drug industry goes about it's daily routine or he doesn't want to tell anyone how it does. I think he really doesn't and everything he has created is a fictional recreation of the fiction that passes for news created on the tv networks owned by the company that also owns the film company he works for. He doesn't provide any information or story plot that you couldn't already watch on 60 minutes. If you like 60 minutes, you'll like Traffic.
½ September 6, 2015
A bit slow in its delivery
½ September 6, 2015
really well done film. showed you a lot of different perspectives and the characters are great. the acting, just really a well-rounded film. great cast, great real life portrayal. nicely done, mr. soderbergh. if I were wearing a hat, I would take it off. :)
½ August 31, 2015
8/30/15 I'd seen this before, but watched it again. I do think it switches from story to story a bit too often. The storylines are good though. It feels very real, so I can see why it is so critically acclaimed. I think I just prefer a film to be one cohesive story though, so I can't give it a higher rating.