The Miracle Worker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Miracle Worker Reviews

½ June 1, 2015
This story will always be watchable though this version just barely
October 20, 2014
True story about what patience and perseverance can do.
March 4, 2013
I started watching this movie in class but never finnished it.
½ September 10, 2012
I used to really like this movie when I was younger, but seeing it again I realize how cheap and ridiculous it can be. However, it still tells a touching story with some highlight performances.

PLOT:Helen Keller (Hallie Kate Eisenberg) was born deaf and blind into a family of an arrogant Captain (David Strathairn), an overprotective mother, and a spiteful son named James (Lucas Black). Lately Helen has grown restless and acts up frequently. Her parents have considered everything up to sending her to an asylum until an Annie Sullivan (Alison Elliot) comes to help. Annie used to be deaf and blind as well until she had surgery, and was one of her institute's best students. Annie attempts to teach Helen proper manners and how to speak in sign language, but she's so spoiled that she doesn't want to learn easy. Now Annie must teach her how to speak and understand while keeping her patience with her, the arrogant Captain, and the short time she is given. It's a good plot executed in a pretty mediocre manner.

ACTING:The performances in here were ok, but nothing above that. The best performance would have to be Alison Elliot as Annie Sullivan. I saw her emotion in each scene. She was particularly great, but she was the best in this movie. The other shiners would be Lucas Blake as James Keller and David Strathairn as Captain Keller. Even though the were also pretty good, they sucked overall as well. Lucas' voice eventually got on your nerves after a while. Ironically, the worst performance in the movie was the main character of Helen Keller, played by Hallie Kate Eisenberg. She couldn't act (even though she was a child) and kind of ruined the whole movie for all. It really got on your nerves.

SCORE:The score was mainly some cheesy inspirational stuff, but it didn't sound horrible.

OTHER CONTENT:This movie could've been great if done right, but it didn't live up to the same feat as the true story did. The movie was cheesy, ridiculous at times (due to the acting), and very stereotypical with its characters. However, the movie did have some positive aspects. Plotwise, it told the story pretty accurately. Also, there were a few scenes that drew in some great emotions. But the movie overall was pretty mediocre.

OVERALL,a MEDIOCRE movie with a mediocre plot, ok acting, cheesy score, cheesy and ridiculous parts, and stereotypical characters, but there was a good performance or two, it followed the story pretty well, and it added some good emotion into a few scenes.
½ September 10, 2012

March 14, 2012
Amazing and moving film
February 8, 2012
this movie was ok, like its not bad, some parts are very enjoyable and its also kinda touching. its just average.
½ December 29, 2011
Film yang terinspirasi dari kisah nyata, perjuangan Hellen Keller yang bisu, tuli, dan buta. Kisah tentang perjuangan keras Anna Sullivan dalam mengajari Hellen mengenal bahasa & dunia luar. Saat satu indra tidak berfungsi, indra lain akan menjadi lebih peka untuk menggantikan fungsi indra yg tidak berfungsi tersebut (indera pengecap & peraba Hellen peka, dan ini dimanfaatkan oleh Anna). Pesan lainnya: bahwa anak dengan disabilities harus ditangani dengan benar & tetap diajari kedisiplinan.
½ January 13, 2011
Very good effort on an inspirational story.
½ November 21, 2010
That Annie Sullivan's got spunk. I like it.
½ July 16, 2010
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." Helen Keller
½ May 29, 2010
would have like to see the original
April 27, 2010
One of my absolute favorite Disney remakes. Very, very, very good. In many ways, it's even better than the original Patty Duke/Melissa Gilbert version.
March 24, 2010
O I've ssen this movie a few times . .It's sometimes sad sometimes funny and sometimes just normal. I guess it's ok. Being based on a true story makes it better though.
February 24, 2010
½ February 13, 2010
Excellent watch...Fantastic artists, precise and
½ December 3, 2009
What a shity performance from that litle girl i cant tell how much it disgusted me she totally ruines it the rest of the story was mediocre the original was much much better
November 10, 2009
That little girl does so good and is so cute!
September 8, 2009
Great movie!!!!! Very inspirational! I really enjoyed watching this movie!
September 4, 2009
As an admirer of Helen Keller's story I love this movie. It's a very inspiring story with a good message.