Double Take Reviews

November 7, 2006
Eh.
½ January 8, 2008
I thought this was funny at parts and entertaining. It's not great though and the plot has been seen in a lot of different movies over the years.
April 13, 2007
Fun comedy with some twists and turns in it, especially at the end. Eddie Griffin is a comic genious. And Orlando Jones's not bad himself.
April 28, 2009
OMG this movie is comedy!! Definitely one of Eddie Griffin's funniest movies! And Orlando Jones was on point too!
August 4, 2008
This is in my top 5 favorite movies in history! It is the first movie that I can honestly say kept me bewildered and guessing until the very end! Comedy + Action + Suspense = An awesome concept that works!!!
April 6, 2006
Funny movie. Hilarious. Maybe overplayed by comedy central but I love Orlando Jones and Eddie Griffin. I thought the movie was done great. Very good
July 10, 2007
Instantly forgettable.
March 4, 2013
Not a classic, not even close!
April 28, 2012
The plot itself is simple. The twists are simply thrown in to make it seem complex.
½ August 19, 2010
watching this film there were only one or two memorable and funny parts to it but thats about it. orlando jones gives a good performance and eddie griffin is just there to be loud and obnoxious like most of his roles. griffin is funny at parts but not nearly enough to save this film from disaster. it has an interesting premise but it fails to deliver consistent laughs and its mostly boring,
½ August 17, 2010
Hello and greetings my wonderful RT friends and family! I would very much like to ask a question of you all. Is it okay/appropriate to write a review that does nothing more than stare down all the asshole critics out there while uttering just 2 simple words? Can I do that? Okay, here goes:

(hay critics) Fuck you!

*sigh* Fine. As gratifying as that was, I guess I could stand to write a bit more. I am starting to believe I truly don't understand the movie biz as much as I thought I did. It seems like everytime I go to review one of my favorite movies (excluding something obvious like Pupl Fiction) it has an absolutely dreadful rating. What am I missing? I thought, if you truly enjoy a movie, even if it is flawed you could at least rate it over %50 so it would at least be marginally fresh. Then I go to rate "Double Take", and it's at %12 Rotten. Clearly, I don't understand Hollywood or it's critics.
To be blunt, this is maybe my favorite comedy of all time. It's hard to rank it, really, since I also love "Anchorman", "Eurotrip", and all the "Bring It On" movies (if those count!). Also, some would probably say "Van Helsing" was comedy (get real, that movie is prtty cool).
But I digress. I absolutely love this movie. The script is decent, but what makes it so great is the luminosity of it's comedic actors. Orlando & Eddie are fabulous together. If only this movie had a sequel! Alas, with a rating of %12 and a total of 3 Facebook "likes" (including mine!), obviously no chance. This movie is a ton of fun. Who cares if the plot doesn't nescessarily come together perfectly. It's still a damn fun movie with lines that I even quote sometimes.
"The Black Rogue. You jussa rooogue." or "That's okay, I'll just throw a bullet at'cha!" or "Leprechaun Pimp" lololol.
So to reiterate: critics of this movie, whoever you are:

Fuck you. That is all.

*angry!*
March 21, 2010
Has two funny leads but ends up being a mess of a movie with others providing bad acting, bad script, and a pretty mediocre story.
½ March 1, 2010
Orlando Jones is a funny guy, but even he can't save this bomb. The story is at least an interesting role reversal, but the funny just stayed home. I think I could've made the movie better.
February 4, 2007
How is this possible? This is unacceptable trash that panders to the lowwest of the lowest common denominator. There is absolutely no way that I will ever see this movie. Time to eat.........my arms.
½ February 12, 2006
Yet another horrible black comedy, put this one in the junk pile with Fat Albert, My Big Phat Hip Hop Wedding, The Johnson Family Vacation, King's Ransom, The Cookout, Gas, Good Burger and countless others. Total waste of time trash. Not very funny, an irritating score.
August 1, 2004
[u]Title[/u]:[size=1][size=2]Double Take[/size][/size]
[u]Director[/u]: George Gallo
[u]The skinny[/u]: [size=1][size=2]DOUBLE TAKE opens in Hitchcock fashion with a Manhattan businessman finding himself on the run; He is suspected of illegal activities, and has to prove his innocence while being pursued by the authorities.[/size] [/size]
[u]My view[/u]: This movie never received the publicity or credit it truely deserved. This movie is a little difficult to follow, but the writter has done his homework on how investments and securities work. Orlando Jones and Eddie Griffin team up well together and the scripting and camera work accent the movie nicely. This is a movie that you can watch again and again, and shouldn't be too vulgar for the kids.
[u]Notable[/u]: This is a movie that you'll probably have to watch more than once. In a short time a lot happens that can confuse the audience. In the end if you haven't picked up on some key items of the plot you probably wont like this movie.
May 17, 2004
Double Take is a pretty good action-comedy pairing Eddie Griffin and Orlando Jones in a variation of the ?buddy? flick formula. Griffin and Jones are gifted comedians and have nice chemistry together with Griffin constantly poking fun at Jones? character, a wealthy, successful businessman. The script is filled with twists and turns - some predictable, some surprising ? and keeps you guessing right up until the end as Jones? character is crossed and double-crossed, leaving him in doubt as to who he can trust. With an interesting supporting cast, tricky story, and decent action sequences, Double Take is a pretty entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.