Double Take - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Double Take Reviews

November 7, 2006
Eh.
½ January 8, 2008
I thought this was funny at parts and entertaining. It's not great though and the plot has been seen in a lot of different movies over the years.
April 13, 2007
Fun comedy with some twists and turns in it, especially at the end. Eddie Griffin is a comic genious. And Orlando Jones's not bad himself.
April 28, 2009
OMG this movie is comedy!! Definitely one of Eddie Griffin's funniest movies! And Orlando Jones was on point too!
½ January 2, 2014
I don't know why some critics dismissed this movie. It could be that I'm biased with comedies but I thought this movie was hilarious when I first saw it! Eddie Griffin as Freddy Tiffany (internationally known!!!) is GREAT! And Eddie and Orlando Jones are really good together in this movie. It has action, all kinds of jokes, and a cool twist at the end. I don't get why people said it was too violent for its genre, that's just BS! This movie is funny and viewable for a second and third time...or more, like in my case.
½ June 18, 2012
eddie griffin is pretty damn funny, orlando jones has a good comedy sense too. it was an okay watch, but could of been a lot better
December 26, 2011
Ten years ago today, I saw Double Take at the Citiplace 11 at 10:15 PM in the fifth room, which I've been calling the "Double Take room" ever since. Go rent this flick; great flick.
½ August 19, 2010
watching this film there were only one or two memorable and funny parts to it but thats about it. orlando jones gives a good performance and eddie griffin is just there to be loud and obnoxious like most of his roles. griffin is funny at parts but not nearly enough to save this film from disaster. it has an interesting premise but it fails to deliver consistent laughs and its mostly boring,
½ August 17, 2010
Hello and greetings my wonderful RT friends and family! I would very much like to ask a question of you all. Is it okay/appropriate to write a review that does nothing more than stare down all the asshole critics out there while uttering just 2 simple words? Can I do that? Okay, here goes:

(hay critics) Fuck you!

*sigh* Fine. As gratifying as that was, I guess I could stand to write a bit more. I am starting to believe I truly don't understand the movie biz as much as I thought I did. It seems like everytime I go to review one of my favorite movies (excluding something obvious like Pupl Fiction) it has an absolutely dreadful rating. What am I missing? I thought, if you truly enjoy a movie, even if it is flawed you could at least rate it over %50 so it would at least be marginally fresh. Then I go to rate "Double Take", and it's at %12 Rotten. Clearly, I don't understand Hollywood or it's critics.
To be blunt, this is maybe my favorite comedy of all time. It's hard to rank it, really, since I also love "Anchorman", "Eurotrip", and all the "Bring It On" movies (if those count!). Also, some would probably say "Van Helsing" was comedy (get real, that movie is prtty cool).
But I digress. I absolutely love this movie. The script is decent, but what makes it so great is the luminosity of it's comedic actors. Orlando & Eddie are fabulous together. If only this movie had a sequel! Alas, with a rating of %12 and a total of 3 Facebook "likes" (including mine!), obviously no chance. This movie is a ton of fun. Who cares if the plot doesn't nescessarily come together perfectly. It's still a damn fun movie with lines that I even quote sometimes.
"The Black Rogue. You jussa rooogue." or "That's okay, I'll just throw a bullet at'cha!" or "Leprechaun Pimp" lololol.
So to reiterate: critics of this movie, whoever you are:

Fuck you. That is all.

*angry!*
March 21, 2010
Has two funny leads but ends up being a mess of a movie with others providing bad acting, bad script, and a pretty mediocre story.
½ March 1, 2010
Orlando Jones is a funny guy, but even he can't save this bomb. The story is at least an interesting role reversal, but the funny just stayed home. I think I could've made the movie better.
September 11, 2009
I am so ashamed that I paid to see this movie and actively planned to see it... me in 2001 was a sad movie-going story...
½ April 6, 2009
I'm surprised Orlando Jones hasn't been in more movies. Very funny guy, funnier than Eddie Griffin, in my opinion. Not a hilarious movie, but it has it's moments. With a few quotable lines like "What it is, jive turkey?!?" and "How you gonna run a successful bid-niz without any Schlitz Malt Liquor? You ain't representin', you ain't keepin' it re-YAL!"
August 4, 2008
This is in my top 5 favorite movies in history! It is the first movie that I can honestly say kept me bewildered and guessing until the very end! Comedy + Action + Suspense = An awesome concept that works!!!
April 6, 2006
Funny movie. Hilarious. Maybe overplayed by comedy central but I love Orlando Jones and Eddie Griffin. I thought the movie was done great. Very good
October 29, 2007
5/7/2016: An ok movie. Not great by any means, but it was entertaining.
½ April 1, 2011
I've liked both Jones and Griffin in other movies and even found them to be the underdog comic relief, which is the only thing that brought me to this. An ineptly plotted action-crime-comedy with very few genuinely funny moments.
½ November 9, 2015
Very silly and the story is pointless
August 7, 2015
Si Double Take n'est que l'ombre du film qu'il aurait dû être, surtout avec un duo de tête comme Orlando Jones & Eddie Griffin, il en reste que cette comédie policière de George Gallo possède assez de scènes hilarantes, de quiproquos habiles et de répliques décapantes pour divertir pendant une heure et demi avant de s'oublier sans honte deux heures plus tard. Les seconds rôles sont plutôt moyens, en revanche, entre un Gary Grubbs qui en fait trop et un Edward Herrmann qui n'en fait pas assez. Peut faire mieux.