Double Take - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Double Take Reviews

September 12, 2016
I don't know why some critics dismissed this movie. It could be that I'm biased with comedies but I thought this movie was hilarious when I first saw it! Eddie Griffin as Freddy Tiffany (internationally known!!!) is GREAT! And Eddie and Orlando Jones are really good together in this movie. It has action, all kinds of jokes, and a cool twist at the end. I don't get why people said it was too violent for its genre, that's just BS! This movie is funny and viewable for a second and third time...or more, like in my case.
May 7, 2016
5/7/2016: An ok movie. Not great by any means, but it was entertaining.
½ February 26, 2016
I've liked both Jones and Griffin in other movies and even found them to be the underdog comic relief, which is the only thing that brought me to this. An ineptly plotted action-crime-comedy with very few genuinely funny moments.
½ November 9, 2015
Very silly and the story is pointless
August 7, 2015
Si Double Take n'est que l'ombre du film qu'il aurait dû être, surtout avec un duo de tête comme Orlando Jones & Eddie Griffin, il en reste que cette comédie policière de George Gallo possède assez de scènes hilarantes, de quiproquos habiles et de répliques décapantes pour divertir pendant une heure et demi avant de s'oublier sans honte deux heures plus tard. Les seconds rôles sont plutôt moyens, en revanche, entre un Gary Grubbs qui en fait trop et un Edward Herrmann qui n'en fait pas assez. Peut faire mieux.
½ January 31, 2015
Forgotten about. But a fun movie.
½ August 15, 2014
Two great comedians at their peak. Even thought is a by the numbers movie, Griffith and Jones got an awesome chemistry. didn't understand why it got ravaged by critics.
July 25, 2014
An absolutely hilarious movie. Griffin and Jones' characters play off each other so well and that's what makes the movie work swimmingly. Both actors put on opposite yet equally funny performances. The story is actually deeper than most comedies which keeps you invested even more so through the ride.
June 11, 2014
Super funny to me... I love it
½ January 7, 2014
This is the bottom of the barrel, and perhaps the movie equivalent of verbal diarrhea. Humour comprehensable for low IQs, a dumb plot, and nothing remotely interesting whatsoever.
August 13, 2013
Instantly forgettable.
½ July 8, 2013
This is a very funny movie, with a few good twist.
½ May 23, 2013
Might be easier to watch the original, but I laughed.
April 24, 2013
really nice action movie
March 7, 2013
"Daryl" (Orlando Jones) is a highly successful investment banker. He has a good life, with a good woman (Garcelle Beauvais).

One day, "Daryl" meets a fast-talking man named "Freddy" (Eddie Griffin), who returns "Daryl's" wallet after his briefcase is stolen. Minutes later, "Daryl" gets in trouble when there is a shootout in his apartment between to crooks and two CIA agents.

After a couple of neighbors see "Daryl" with a gun following the shootout, he flees and becomes wanted by the NYPD. Then, under the orders of the CIA, he heads to Mexico.

For some reason, "Daryl" keeps running into "Freddy", who becomes an unwanted escort for "Daryl". Eventually, "Daryl" discovers that "Freddy" is wanted for the murder of a Mexican governor, and is also a former FBI agent who has been labeled 5150 -- a psychiatric case.

No matter how much "Daryl" tries to dodge "Freddy", he can't shake him. And the two become the targets of the CIA, FBI and a Mexican drug cartel.

One thing this movie has is a lot of plot twists -- a lot of them. And many are totally unexpected. At one point of the movie, it seems that the plot twists are coming at you too fast, and too close together. They start out at a good pace, but near the end of the movie is where they appear to be bunched together. In fact, it got hard to try to figure out who was on whose side.

As it comes to comedy, there are only a few good laughs. Jones and Griffen have pretty good chemistry together, but since the writer spent more time focusing on plot twists, they weren't really given much.

Since there is law enforcement agencies involved in this movie, you have to expect some action by way of gunplay. There are some gunfights in this film, but there really isn't a lot. Yes, there are some explosions as well, but nothing spectacular.

As for the soundtrack of the movie, it's pretty much forgettable. I can only remember one Mexican tune through the entire movie.

The entire cast is pretty good. However, like other movies I've seen recently, the supporting cast isn't developed to a great deal. However, because of the plot twists, it becomes difficult who is one of the good guys, and who is one of the bad guys.

Despite the too many plot twists, this is a pretty good movie. I would have to say that this could be a pretty good rental, but I would not make it a first choice to check out.
March 4, 2013
Not a classic, not even close!
December 7, 2012
Might be worth a look, so many cards out the pack now tho!
November 25, 2012
Very funny! 1 of my fav....5 star all the way!
October 31, 2012
Funny at parts, but so many unanswered plot twists make this movie's story very unorganized.
½ June 18, 2012
eddie griffin is pretty damn funny, orlando jones has a good comedy sense too. it was an okay watch, but could of been a lot better