Down to Earth Reviews

December 20, 2008
WAY better than Heaven Can Wait, with much more humor.
FilmFanatik
April 22, 2007
Not a great movie.
Chiefilms
½ January 16, 2010
Chris Rock movies really do drop the ball.
thmtsang
August 26, 2007
Chris Rock's characher dies in an accident before his time. He comes back to earth as a white man.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 18, 2007
funny, good flick
½ December 28, 2006
A lackluster remake.
½ August 24, 2010
Remake of a remake.
"Every town has 2 kinds of malls, the mall that white people go to and the mall that white people USED to go to!" Hilarious.
½ December 20, 2008
This is a film inwhich you forget over the years, but when you remeber it, you remember why i you liked it in the first place.
ManifestPanda
September 6, 2011
Chris Rock almost felt like a sell out with this one.
January 31, 2008
Silly but funny enough to rent.
qtmemoe
July 24, 2007
I have seen this plot too many times...
iLeo
April 12, 2007
Loved this movie!
½ February 23, 2010
Classic Chris Rock comedy. The movie really relies on Rock for all of its comedy. And there are a few parts that are great, but for the most part the movie falls flat. The story is 100% Rock as is the rest of the movie, a young black comedian trying to make it is killed by accident. To make up for the problem the comedian is put back into the shoes of a rich white guy. The punchline is that while the comedian knows he is a hip black guy, everyone sees him as an old white guy. Good to watch once then, forget.
January 29, 2010
"Are you okay?"
"Hell no Im not okay--I spilled my drink!"
So ridiculous it actually works somehow. I love it!
April 3, 2009
another version to warren beatty in 1978 "heaven can wait" into the black version that chris rock(same role to warren beatty in "heaven can wait")dead and into inside in wealty old man's body.
August 20, 2008
SUCKED! only funny part was my girl wanda Sikes! Chris rock is so ugly and his voice gets on my nerves.
½ March 24, 2008
Funny stuff. Chris Rock always delivers, but I thought the racial stereotypes got to be a little much. Some is alright, but no more than needed.
February 20, 2008
Great movie very funny and real about some of things that happen in it. A must see if you have not seen it yet.
January 20, 2008
I've never found Chris Rock to be THAT funny, although some of his stand-up is good. I also am not too keen on the "If a black man were in a white man's shoes" premise. It has only been done well once, and that was by Eddie Murphy on SNL. But then again, I'm as white as Carlton from Fresh Prince (another show I didn't think was funny).
December 31, 2007
Not great, not terrible, just so-so. I didn't realize how many famous people there were in this flick. It coulda been a lot better.