Sweet November Reviews

• Feb 08, 2019

The half star was the track 'only time' by Enya.

The half star was the track 'only time' by Enya.

• Jan 22, 2019

One of my favourites ���

One of my favourites ���

• Dec 19, 2018

I did not like this movie at all. In fact I was pissed off by what I saw transpiring on the screen. I suppose it's possible to tolerate (if not entirely enjoy) Sweet November up to the point where the terminal disease plot device is introduced. The early parts of the film aren't especially well-done, yet, for all of their artifice, they're not unbearable. But the heavy-handed final half-hour, coupled with an astoundingly implausible ending, transforms Sweet November from insubstantial-but-inoffensive to embarrassing. People go to romances to experience the vicarious thrill of participating in someone else's passion, not to endure the kind of leaden paces that this movie puts viewers through. This February release offers many flavors - sour and bitter, in particular - but none of them is sweet. Both the leads Theron and Reeves are adequate and go through the motions. But any actor would have fared similarly. It's the screenplay and plot points which are infuriating.(Overrated and kinda offensive even).

• Oct 20, 2018

I have seen this movie almost 15 years and it is one of the most beautifully made movie I've seen.

• Aug 02, 2018

getting all kinds of feels for this. :) thumbs up!

getting all kinds of feels for this. :) thumbs up!

• May 30, 2018

I really like these two actors. And they are points in this movie where they are really trying but this movie is really not good. But, if you like Charlize and Keanu, it's worth one view. Apparently it's liked by more than I thought. 76% fan rating. Impressive.

• Jan 12, 2018

I like cheesy rom coms

I like cheesy rom coms

• Oct 24, 2017

One of my favorite movies. I hate "critics" and generally dont give their ratings the time of day.

• Jul 22, 2017

"It was the first time I wanted to say yes."

"It was the first time I wanted to say yes."

• Apr 27, 2017

There's some good stuff in there, but it's just too manipulative, sugary-sweet and implausible to be good. If you're looking for something simple, Keanu and Charlize are decent in it.