Southern Comfort - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Southern Comfort Reviews

April 30, 2008
Gets into the lives of these people who are willing to tell their story. Everyone should listen. There's some real insight into life in general here.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
½ March 3, 2008
This has a huge impact...the images are very strong and heartbreaking...Everyone should watch! I watched this in my class.
February 20, 2008
really great heartbreaking doc about an amazing person
February 8, 2008
great movie what so ever
½ February 2, 2008
one of the best Docs ever.
½ January 25, 2008
One of the most heartbreaking films I've ever seen. I cried 30 minutes into it...then I cried some more. Then I sat on the couch, soaked in my own tears asking myself, "Why the hell did I put myself through that?"
Well, I can't really pinpont why. But it was worth it.
½ January 22, 2008
Fantastic, heartwarming, and heartbreaking. Transgendered people are real people who are really discriminated against. It's SO hard for transgendered people in our society.
January 18, 2008
I love documentaries, but I didn't think this one was worth all the hype. I wanted to know more about the characters...I still feel that I didn't know them or their pasts.
January 2, 2008
Too heavy to discuss here. One of own personal fears.
December 9, 2007
great, prejudice-neutralising documentary about female-to-male transgenders..
November 14, 2007
really tragic and moving. Lola Cola is my hero.
October 17, 2007
Heartbreaking and heroic. On par with A Silverlake Life.
October 8, 2007
I really like to watch this movie. It's a little sad to watch a person die in front of you during the course of a year, but watching him live also is very moving.
½ August 29, 2007
A truly sad tale of a transsexual who is dying of ovarian cancer, the doc chronicles the last few months of his life, and gives history into his life before his transition into the present. A really good doc.
August 23, 2007
fantastiskt bra dokumentär och en skön snubbe!
½ July 29, 2007
Touching in both its tragedy and hope. The director brought the viewer into Ead's life in a way that makes them feel as though they, too, have become a member of his chosen family.
½ July 27, 2007
An amazing documentary. I really need to find it on DVD.
½ July 18, 2007
Intersting story...It's worth a watch
½ July 5, 2007
The final months of Robert's life, a transsexual battling a painfully ironic disease are documented in this life-affirming film. Director Davis brilliantly captures Robert's pipe-smoked musings as he and his girlfriend, another transsexual, face almost unimaginable difficulties of keeping love alive in the face of prejudice and terminal illness in the deep South.