Heartbreakers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartbreakers Reviews

½ July 19, 2017
Wow this was awful. Couldn't even finish it, made it about 25 minutes. Amazing how many movies I saw in my late teens, early 20's were "awesome."
April 1, 2017
I remember watching this when it first came out on VHS and recalled much of it. Cheesy but entertaining and memorable.
February 28, 2017
This movie I enjoyed . Jennifer love Hewitt played a good roll in the movie.
½ February 8, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 13, 2016
A stupid movie overall.
½ November 6, 2016
Pretty poor direction, mediocre writing with a few laughs, overlong, and a messy ending. But I thought the pacing was decent for most of the movie, although it got bad when they had to rush the end of the story. The cast all give their best performances they could with what they're given, and you can tell they're trying. Danny Elfman did the score, and it's not bad, but it mostly doesn't fit very well. This could easily be a guilty pleasure movie.
August 28, 2016
An excellent movie. A good plot, funny jokes, good acting, and it keeps you guessing til the very end.
July 31, 2016
7/31/2016: A pretty decent movie. It was entertaining and fun to watch.
½ January 29, 2016
The only real reason for me to watch this movie is because of Jennifer Love Hewitt. She is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen
January 28, 2016
Highly underrated hilarious comedy. Excellent cast, and a clear, fun plot. I cannot understand the naysayers. We watch this, and watch it often. Trust me and give it a try.
½ December 21, 2015
A better than average confidence game movie ably injected with oodles of charisma by the leads. Standouts: Gene Hackman's I'm-not-dying-I'm-really-livin' tobacco millionaire and Ellen Ripley's Russian songstress' Back In The USSR take. Anne Bancroft, Sarah Silverman and Zach Galani- whatever coulda been more in the mix, but I'm nitpicking.
October 28, 2015
A never-ending plot packed with characters totally lacking in any redeeming qualities makes Heartbreakers fall short despite it's casts' hardworking efforts to keep it afloat.
October 25, 2015
Not funny, horrible script, with a lot of cliches and unoriginal story, this movie was an obvious waste of money, that neither the cast is sufficiently good to save it.
October 25, 2015
½ September 20, 2015
Sure it's a little contrived but there's enough suspension of disbelief to appreciate the acting talent.
½ July 8, 2015
For an unrealistic comedy, this movie was surprisingly good. At first when I heard about this movie and saw the trailer, my first thought was "this stuff would never happen in real life", however there are so many extra little things added to this movie to make it great. The cast is amazing, every actor plays the part just perfectly, convincingly, and with a sexy edge! Even though the plot is somewhat unbelievable, it is well thought through, witty, funny, and has the perfect balance of comedy, drama, crime, and romance. It may not be that 'mind blowing' movie that you are looking to watch on a Friday night, but I definitely would keep this one in mind for another time.
½ June 4, 2015
Could have easily chopped a half hour off and had a better film.
June 2, 2015
I LOVE Heartbreakers! It's such a funny, saucy, sexy comedy. The plot is already outrageous: a mother making her own DAUGHTER con with her? Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt have so much fun and Gene Hackman is HYSTERICAL as the nicotine-addicted, disgusting old millionaire that they try to con.
½ April 14, 2015
Some of the movie was a little ridiculous, but for the most part I enjoyed it and thought it was funny to watch.
½ April 9, 2015
This tedious and pathetic movie broke my heart. All the A-list actors in the world couldn't save this bomb. I couldn't get through it. I watched about one-quarter of it. **** Hollywood.