High Noon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High Noon Reviews

April 26, 2013
A stupid movie that just begs the question of why was it made. Starts off with a man getting married and than finds out that a man that he sent to prison is coming for him. Instead of being smart and leaving town he decides to stay much to the reluctance of his new wife who is determined not to become a widow on he wedding day and will leave him if he stays. Why he would insist upon staying is beyond me, in my opinion he should have left town along time ago. No shard of character development here just a reason to make a movie about nothing in particular. Leave town already!! The only reason why I even give this a star is because the ending gun fight was pretty good, but way too late to save this mess of a movie.
October 15, 2011
A 4 Star rating only because I'm NOT a die-hard fan of Westerns. This was, however, worth the watch. The remake was to me, better than the original.
July 1, 2011
I am not a fan of Skerritt or westerns. I am going to skip this one for sure.
½ November 24, 2010
The best of all the black and white westerns. Only dialogue that now sounds a bit stagey hinders a fifth star.
June 22, 2009
I didn't mean to rate this movie. How do I remove it?
June 16, 2009
Very old school but still badass.
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ January 25, 2009
not any where a good as the first
December 22, 2008
You cannot remake a masterpiece. Skip this one.
November 26, 2008
skip this and the original
September 5, 2008
I watched it a long time ago with my dad... Dont rember it thoe.
½ August 9, 2008
Good movie.but the original is much better
July 18, 2008
Amazing western set in real time. Must see for those who love westerns or suspense.
June 23, 2008
This re-make of the wonderful classic High Noon isn't bad. It's enough to pass the time pleasently but it's nothing compared to the original with Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. If you have a choice - it's no choice at all! Go for the old one.
May 19, 2008
Could have been much shorter. Too many pointless scenes!
April 13, 2008
they remade it? what for? manga de imbeciles de jolibud
½ April 1, 2008
Great western with a great ending and great performance of great Cooper.everything is great here!!!
March 22, 2008
An ok movie at the time...
March 19, 2008
Bearable, but nothing special for viewing entertainment. Decent suspence for a western.
February 26, 2008
Very boring to me. I can't even remember what it was about...but then it is such an old movie...So I can't complain too much. ;) lol