• High Noon

—— The Soul Man: Season 3
—— Suburgatory: Season 3

High Noon Reviews

December 6, 2007
This was actually a fairly decent remake if for no other reason than the fact that it does away with the two things that irritated me about the original. There's no title song to be repeated ad nauseum throughout the film's running time, and in my opinion, Tom Skerritt is a much better actor than Gary Cooper. I also really enjoyed how the climactic gunfight was shot. Overall, it's not as good as the original, but it's not bad for a made-for-TV western.

Note: I can only assume that Charlie027 mistook this for the original version from 1952. Then again, I suppose it depends on how young she is. After all, when I worked at a video store, I can recall several times when people said something to the effect of, "I'm looking for this one movie. It's really old, from, like, the '80s."
Hayden L.
April 26, 2013
A stupid movie that just begs the question of why was it made. Starts off with a man getting married and than finds out that a man that he sent to prison is coming for him. Instead of being smart and leaving town he decides to stay much to the reluctance of his new wife who is determined not to become a widow on he wedding day and will leave him if he stays. Why he would insist upon staying is beyond me, in my opinion he should have left town along time ago. No shard of character development here just a reason to make a movie about nothing in particular. Leave town already!! The only reason why I even give this a star is because the ending gun fight was pretty good, but way too late to save this mess of a movie.
October 7, 2011
A 4 Star rating only because I'm NOT a die-hard fan of Westerns. This was, however, worth the watch. The remake was to me, better than the original.
Fedor W.
June 22, 2009
I didn't mean to rate this movie. How do I remove it?
Fedor W.
June 16, 2009
Very old school but still badass.