Moulin Rouge! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moulin Rouge! Reviews

March 4, 2017
Brilliant! Cinematic perfection.
March 1, 2017
This is such a guilty pleasure, it is odd weird and cliche but you enjoy it anyway (rhyme unintended) Ewan McGregor is fantastic and I loved his singing. Nicole Kidman was decent. The plot........well it was flawed but it never really ruined the movie completely. The editing is a bit of a headache but sometimes it can be good. The movie is funny and odd most of the time. It's visual style is outlandish and weird. The music is just a mix of jumbled songs that we already know. And the most over used word in the movie is "love". It gets annoying after so long. But in the end I couldn't hate it cause it was so energetic and fun.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 9, 2017
One of my all time favorite films.
January 5, 2017
Unless your film is Titanic or some other well-known historical film, please don't spoil your film's ending in the first minute. So spoiler alert, this film gives a fat spoiler alert right when the film begins. Also, have you guys ever seen a movie, thought you loved it, watched it again and thought to yourself, "What in the world was I thinking?!" I said that to myself one too many times while watching this film again. Right off that bat, the editing style in this film is absolutely ridiculous. For about 30 minutes, there isn't a shot that lasts longer than 5 seconds. It almost makes you sick. If you can get past that, then you need to get past the over-the-top acting. Let me repeat that. The... OOOVER-THE-TIPPITY-TIPPITY-TOP..... AAAAACTTTTINGGGG!!!!! This film is so loud and so in your face with so many colours, sounds, and actions thrown at you at top speed! I was trying to think how I liked this film in the first place. I will admit, some of the soundtrack I do like. The mashups of modern songs, although distracting for some people, were very enjoyable for me. Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman are good singers. It's not like listening to Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. Good singing with extremely crazy performances. For my recommendation, I would only recommend it to people who are huge fans of musical theatre and broadway. I believe if you are a musical theatre person and you live your life like one big broadway musical and are very chauvinistic, then this film is right up your alley. For people who don't like musicals, stay away! I'm telling you right now that this film is garbage to you. A polarizing film to say the least. As someone who likes his occasional musical here and there, Moulin Rouge! may have been a bit too much for me.
December 12, 2016
If you're not used to films with breakneck editing, it's too exhausting to keep up with. Also, the story can be a little overly ridiculous, even in context of the movie's tone. Still, the cast, homages, references, and especially the music are perfect and, if you can't watch the movie, the soundtrack is still required listening. Glad History of Film introduced me to this one
November 29, 2016
An ok movie. A sad ending.
November 15, 2016
We used one of the songs for our wedding. Love love this show!
November 3, 2016
Original, zany, lush, spectacular musical drama. A one-off. Possibly the greatest putting-on-a-show movie ever!
October 14, 2016
there is no escaping this film. The pace sweeps you away and you find yourself 2 hours later, emotional and melancholy.
October 6, 2016
An amazing film with good music and plot Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor do a spot on acting job
September 25, 2016
Mad, wacky and quirky. It's a real mish-mash of ideas. Bright, Colourful and loud. It was a brave attempt to surprise and entertain, which it did. Although Chicago won more awards, This one should have.
September 4, 2016
Melodramatic and stylish to its glittery core. Moulin Rouge is Luhrmann's finest work and exceeds through extremely energetic editing/direction. Fine performances from a star studded cast, and some catchy jukebox tunes.
August 23, 2016
This movie comes at you like a breathtaking tsunami, it's a totally overwhelming and beautiful experience that will leave you gasping for air.
½ August 13, 2016
Some good songs, best is Elton John your song. Other parts very stupid, not as sad as I hoped
July 28, 2016
OMG¡ pelicula buenisima como pocas excelente dirección y musica impactante escena del Tanto de Roxanne
July 25, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time!
July 19, 2016
Baz Luhrmann's finest.
June 20, 2016
I was in tears so much at the end of the movie, I could barely see the Television!
June 12, 2016
Messy direction ruins this modern day musical.