Celos (Jealousy) Reviews

• May 15, 2017

A disappointing Spanish thriller about suspicion and the jealousy a man feels towards a former lover of his fiancé. What really annoyed me about his overtly sexist and misogynist movie was the insufferable internal monologues of Antonio, the man driven to extremes by his mistrust of lover Carmen. If this is what you average heterosexual goes through, I'm even more thankful to be gay! This is a man who really needs to cop hold of himself and get a life. Carmen really should kick this loser into the long grass and save herself an awful lot of heartache and trouble. The whole plot is unnecessarily melodramatic and it pushes credulity to breaking point and beyond. A shame as there is an initial ramping-up of intrigue and tension. It's all rather a wasted opportunity.

• Sep 14, 2011

just ok but has B movie quality.

just ok but has B movie quality.

• Jan 31, 2011

A somewhat poetic ending, but mostly just humdrum.

A somewhat poetic ending, but mostly just humdrum.

• Aug 10, 2009

Natalie Zaleya was sexy.

Natalie Zaleya was sexy.

• Aug 14, 2008

Noooo waaaay! that ending was simply pulled out of their asses.... it was a very good story up until they make the mystery guy a pimp daddy amnd from there on all went down hill... still I give it 2.5 well earned stars.

• Feb 25, 2008

I rented this movie because my ever favorite Luis Tosar was in it. I really liked it! I am fan of Spanish cinema, and love the reality of characters and situations. This is a great analysis of a still common attitude in rural IberoAmerica. Nice work!