On the Edge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

On the Edge Reviews

½ November 17, 2014
This rather bleak entry into the rapidly expanding genre of "mental institution" movies (a la Girl, Interrupted) has newcomer Cillian Murphy sent to a clinic after driving a convertible off a cliff... and ending up with a broken pinky.
½ February 22, 2013
Didn't seem to have a point to it.
½ September 29, 2012
Red Lights started off my mini Cillian Murphy bender. This came next. It wasn't very good; in fact, at times it was terribly unconvincing. That said, whoever put together the Flixster description was way off. I'm thinking there must be another movie called "On The Edge" from the early 2000s because Gary Busey an Ice-T defnitely weren't in this one.
September 19, 2012
An Irish 'Good Will Hunting'; only not as good.
April 23, 2012
They've got the wrong movie summary up here...
April 18, 2012
You can never really know what was going through a person's mind at that exact moment. If they survive, they'll never tell you. If they succeed, all you can do is spend the rest of your life guilty because it might have had somethin' to do with you. Your only concern can be for the people they leave behind. They're the ones to look out for.

Naked as I am/I'm a happy sad bulk of a man/And I can show you everything/But I'm just doin' the best that I can/And there are no escapes/Come join me/In my world/And the exits are all blocked off/My Girl/You were very young/When the Lord came to take you/Away/You had that stuff in your head/Get you in trouble someday/There's no let up/And no respite/No answers in anyway/God Bless you/God kicks with both feet/God kicks with both feet/God kicks with both feet/And keeps his shoes clean/God kicks with both feet/God kicks with both feet/God kicks with both feet/And keeps his shoes clean.
½ December 25, 2011
My fav Cillian Murphy movie besides 28 Days Later..
½ November 20, 2011
The sorrow and depression are well carried throughout the movie, even with wrong psychological treatment about mental institution, its characters are believable.
November 19, 2011
"You can never really know what was going through a person's mind at that exact moment. If they survive, they'll never tell you. If they succeed, all you can do is spend the rest of your life feeling guilty. You're only concern can be for the people they leave behind. They're the ones to look out for..."
January 10, 2011
What can I say, I'm a sucker for dysfunctional, psychiatric ward, love stories. Oh, and Cillian Murphy.
½ December 29, 2010
This has to be the most horribly produced movie of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!!
½ October 23, 2010
This movie was like a male Girl, Interrupted but really bad. I usually like movies about psychotic people, but I was not a fan of this at all. The editing, the music, and the continuity just did not flow together well at all. I didn't like or relate to any of the characters enough to sympathize with them. But I do love Cillian Murphy and he wasn't terrible in this, I just did not enjoy the film.
½ May 21, 2010
Interesting, but ultimately meh.
May 15, 2010
another good early fole for cillian murthy, here playing a failed suicide having to do 3 months in a special ward, its here he meets similer to himself, and friendship blossoms especially with a young lady, who is woorse of than him, a entertaining drama, with a great indie soundtrack, and anything that uses smashing pumpkins 1979, as a opening isnt all that bad, a entertaining irish film both tragic and funny
May 8, 2010
Cillian Murphy was really great in the film. Sort of a lighthearted Girl, Interrupted mets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Charming, funny heartfelt and somewhat sad, this was really unexpected. A gerat coming of age story about facing life and death and how we all deal with it in different ways. A refreshing tale that should have gotten an American reception.
½ February 24, 2010
very thought provoking film
½ January 26, 2010
Can't say its outrageously awesome... but it's an interesting movie to say the least