Hamlet Reviews

• Jul 26, 2019

It's a real shame that they've cut/shortened the play, because other than that, it's really stunning. I was very surprised at how well-put-together and intense it was.

• Jan 25, 2019

Greatest Hamlet ever. And if you don't think so, apparently you haven't read Shakespeare.

• Oct 05, 2018

I once watched this movie at school in English class in the ninth grade and I didn't understand anything that was going on throughout the whole entire film. I was even falling asleep during the movie because it was just so boring. It's not a bad movie, it's just a boring movie. At least the acting performances were good.

• Dec 19, 2017

Mel Gibson should do Shakespeare more often. He's fantastic as Hamlet.

Mel Gibson should do Shakespeare more often. He's fantastic as Hamlet.

• Nov 25, 2017

One of the best versions of Shakespeare's great tragedy ever filmed. Zeffirelli has assembled a uniformly brilliant cast and directs with economy and pace. The big surprise is how good Gibson is, playing with real intelligence and pain (and a faultless English accent). But Bates, Bonham Carter, Scofield et al match him. Highly recommended. Fine Ennio Morricone score too.

• May 27, 2017

best adaptation so far,why? the crazy eyes,at any given time Gibson's HAMLET is ready to burst to anger,funny yes,scary at times agree,those black and blue lay out costumes subliminal with the atmospheric background and all the actors acting par excellence

• Apr 22, 2016

Rating: 77% Although it is hard to follow most of the time, Mel Gibson's charismatic performance and classic story make this a must-see for many.

• Apr 16, 2016

Have to say that Gibson is very very good in this version. After the joke Braveheart and other ridiculous things he's done, this shows what a good actor he can be when he tries. The remake of Mutiny on the Bounty is another Gibson showcase that proves it. He CAN act and be great. When he tries.

• Feb 24, 2016