Big Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Trouble Reviews

½ September 15, 2017
A silly movie, but enjoyable. I laughed a lot.
July 27, 2017
This might be the funniest movie I've ever seen! Ridiculous, but so funny!
June 11, 2017
I think this is a very, very funny movie. I love the characters in it, I like the way it flows, and there is a lot of humor all the way through it. This is one of my favorites!
January 11, 2017
I loved the book but expected to hate the movie. Surprise!
December 17, 2016
Well, despite what the film looks like, I did indeed enjoy this movie! Lots of well known talent in this, many of whom I like! And I think that is why I liked it! I've always had a thing for Janeane Garofalo, loved Rene Russo since forever, and I think Sofia Vergara is smokin' hot! Ditto Zooey Deschanel's voice! I also like Tucci, Jason Lee (and his Fritos), and a big,big fan of Farina! It's a bit of a goof ball movie, sort of a safer "Get Shorty" (of which it shares both Russo and Farina), but I enjoyed it! Especially the Martha Stewart dog!!! "Got that right"!
September 27, 2016
Really enjoyed the movie and the cast. Gotta be in the mood for slap-stick or you won't give the movie a chance. Funny script, pay attention to all the details. Visual humor to catch too. I think if you're awake, maybe have a beer or cocktail and watch. My family watched twice recently just to catch all the hidden humor. I don't know why it hasn't been rated higher because it's really funny.
September 24, 2016
One of the funniest of the stupid-funny genre. Every character is perfect, and perfectly cast.
July 30, 2016
This is a particular favorite of mine. Yes, it's strange and goofy, as are most of the cast. But nobody does exasperation better than than the late Dennis Farina. His every moment on screen caused me to chuckle or laugh. I'm truly surprised at the number of Rottens this movie received. But it's given me a chance to see which of the top critics I am likely to agree with in the future. Having seen this movie several times, I am of the strong opinion it is worth your time.
April 22, 2016
No plot to go along with the big cast.
½ April 10, 2016
4/8/2016: An amazing cast and a decent fun story with some funny moments.
½ June 15, 2015
Too much,too crowded and too uneven.....this was supposed to be a comedy?
½ October 5, 2014
awesome movie! Each time you see it, gets funnier and funnier!
April 20, 2014
Very light entertainment
April 9, 2014
Dennis Farina and Johnny Knoxville were great. JK's expressions were priceless.
March 8, 2014
This is about the lives of a divorced dad who has an out of control angry son, an unhappy housewife, two hitmen, two street thugs, two lovestruck teens, two FBI men, and a phchodelic toad who's lives change when a suitcase containing a bomb changes all of their lives. The plot kinda goes all over the place and sometimes leaves you a little confused but the comedy portion of it I think makes up for it. I think it was a pretty funny movie. There's alot of characters to get to know and each one at some point in the movie have their comedic points and make you laugh out loud. Most of it is pretty crazy but you can't help but laugh.There is pretty much an all star cast in this. You won't believe who you will see who got casted in this. I was shocked at all the actors I recognized that are in this. The director Barry Sonnenfeld who did an excellent job with Men In Black gives us another fantastic crazy out of this world comedy that is pure gold in entertainment.
½ December 18, 2013
Jokes seem a bit forced at times, but when they work, they really work. Some moments are hilarious. Pretty shallow, but fresh and intelligent humor, interesting characters and a very good cast make it easy to forgive whatever insignificant mistakes this movie makes. Underrated gem.
June 29, 2013
big trouble has loads of actors that you will know from one place or another which is a plus rather than a divided by sign. the movie felt like a guy ritchie film except its very silly slap bitch style. the problem with this film is that just when your thinking oh yeah this is getting good this is getting funnier they deciede to wrap up the movie with a big chase scene, the chase scene ok just not as funny as the middle where they should of stayed for another while. all in all there should be one big long middle and no end.
May 12, 2013
Filmed in the summer of 2000 and released two years later after it was supposed to be released in September 2001 because of 9/11, Big Trouble was one of the funniest movies i have ever seen and what a cast of familar faces: Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Stanley Tucci, Dennis Farina, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Lee, Omar Epps, Zooey Deschanel, Ben Foster, Johnny Knoxville, and Tom Sizemore all to be directed by Men in Black director Barry Sonnenfeld.
May 3, 2013
actually a good solid funny movie! Sofia Vergara's first role........she and Rene Russo are drop dead cute!
½ February 14, 2013
Utterly stupid movie. That much I actualy liked. I like the actors themself, but the movie is more or less for the party background.