Big Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Trouble Reviews

April 22, 2016
No plot to go along with the big cast.
½ April 10, 2016
4/8/2016: An amazing cast and a decent fun story with some funny moments.
½ June 15, 2015
Too much,too crowded and too uneven.....this was supposed to be a comedy?
½ October 5, 2014
awesome movie! Each time you see it, gets funnier and funnier!
April 20, 2014
Very light entertainment
April 9, 2014
Dennis Farina and Johnny Knoxville were great. JK's expressions were priceless.
March 8, 2014
This is about the lives of a divorced dad who has an out of control angry son, an unhappy housewife, two hitmen, two street thugs, two lovestruck teens, two FBI men, and a phchodelic toad who's lives change when a suitcase containing a bomb changes all of their lives. The plot kinda goes all over the place and sometimes leaves you a little confused but the comedy portion of it I think makes up for it. I think it was a pretty funny movie. There's alot of characters to get to know and each one at some point in the movie have their comedic points and make you laugh out loud. Most of it is pretty crazy but you can't help but laugh.There is pretty much an all star cast in this. You won't believe who you will see who got casted in this. I was shocked at all the actors I recognized that are in this. The director Barry Sonnenfeld who did an excellent job with Men In Black gives us another fantastic crazy out of this world comedy that is pure gold in entertainment.
½ December 18, 2013
Jokes seem a bit forced at times, but when they work, they really work. Some moments are hilarious. Pretty shallow, but fresh and intelligent humor, interesting characters and a very good cast make it easy to forgive whatever insignificant mistakes this movie makes. Underrated gem.
June 29, 2013
big trouble has loads of actors that you will know from one place or another which is a plus rather than a divided by sign. the movie felt like a guy ritchie film except its very silly slap bitch style. the problem with this film is that just when your thinking oh yeah this is getting good this is getting funnier they deciede to wrap up the movie with a big chase scene, the chase scene ok just not as funny as the middle where they should of stayed for another while. all in all there should be one big long middle and no end.
May 12, 2013
Filmed in the summer of 2000 and released two years later after it was supposed to be released in September 2001 because of 9/11, Big Trouble was one of the funniest movies i have ever seen and what a cast of familar faces: Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Stanley Tucci, Dennis Farina, Janeane Garofalo, Jason Lee, Omar Epps, Zooey Deschanel, Ben Foster, Johnny Knoxville, and Tom Sizemore all to be directed by Men in Black director Barry Sonnenfeld.
May 3, 2013
actually a good solid funny movie! Sofia Vergara's first role........she and Rene Russo are drop dead cute!
½ February 14, 2013
Utterly stupid movie. That much I actualy liked. I like the actors themself, but the movie is more or less for the party background.
½ February 9, 2013
A great line up of talent and Dave Barry's story about shenanigans in the U.S. capital of the Third World and yet ... fizzle, a firecracker that doesn't go off. Sonnenfield explains in the extras section that no one really committed, and that it rained a lot. Eh.
February 6, 2013
this is highly underrated, you're all missing the point really, it's so stupid its brilliant. I like to watch good comedies, but rarely i actually laugh hysterically at them. This is one of those movies.
January 22, 2013
An excellent parody of Elmore Leonard books. Based on an equally hysterical novel. Sonnenfeld's last great film. Has NOTHING to do with 9/11! See it! See it now!!!
½ December 11, 2012
it was an ok movie but expected better, Tim Allen stars in it, it was ok but I don't think I'll want to watch it again, it was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, it also starred Stanley Tucci but I don't want it on DVD
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
November 24, 2012
Not as funny or as clever as it thinks it is.
½ October 27, 2012
"Big Trouble" is a mess, a terrible adaptation of a hilarious book and a mediocre film on its own. Funny in parts, but hampered by the PG-13 rating, there are worse movies out there, but there are a lot better ones too.
September 19, 2012
love this movie sooo funny